Bitcomet peers choked

BloodStaindHurricane

Maybe this has been answered before and I didnt come across it, but I noticed that typically bitcomet peers are showing as interested/choked almost indefinitely. Uusally uploading to bitcomet users is no problem, but downloading is another story. Does this have anything to do with bitcomet not randomizing ports? Here's a screenshot of one particualr torrent.

bitcometissue.jpg

mmm, I'm only running two torrents right now, and the bitcomet peers are the large majority of choked peers indeed. From now on, I'll check on all my future torrents to see if there's just "by chance" or if it's a specifical problem betweeen utorrent and bitcomet

This could happen if the clients are configured to connect to -many- peers - improves speed, the downside would be that it is hard to get hold of a upload-slot if having to fight among so many for them, and you would get this as result...

Sounds like a possible reason for this to be happening?

This could happen if the clients are configured to connect to -many- peers - improves speed, the downside would be that it is hard to get hold of a upload-slot if having to fight among so many for them, and you would get this as result...

Sounds like a possible reason for this to be happening?

Sure..but that's not just the sunject of this thread ;)

Anyway, I started other torrents and I can say now it was just a coincidence as bitcomet peers on these new ones are sharing very well...

Sure..but that's not just the sunject of this thread ;)

Well, I'm sorry then, but it really did sound like the issue was that it was hard to download from BitComet peers, I must have been mistaken then...

Please feel free to explain to me what exactly us the subject is.

That was definitely the subject, hellfire. :D

Maybe it was just a coincidence with a few of my torrents at the time of starting this thread. I still see more choked bitcomet users than other clienton an everyday basis, but I still connect to some.

Archived