100% cpu with 2 or more torrents

sharkbait88

i have utorrent 1.4.1 beta build 406. Whenever i either a) add a second torrent for downloading when the first one is still downloading or seeding b.) add a second torrent after i remove thr first torrent, my computer immediately goes up to 100% cpu usage. my computer slows down dramatically and whenever i have tried to close utorrent (i have discovered the problem to be utorrents) the process doesnt close. when i try to close utorrent through the menu, it doesnt close either. on one occasion it did close and my copmuter went right back to normal.

ok, i turned off my antivirus monitoring and tried downloading a 1.6 gb file. once started, the same problem happened. then i tried shutting utorrent down, and the program goes away, but it still shows up in the task manager and won't let me kill the process/process tree. these are the things i have on my computer that might be conflicting with it. windows onecare(turned off) and webroot spy sweeper.

*update

ok, i havent uninstalled them just yet, but after rebooting my comp and starting utorrent, (with the file ready to download) the problem goes away. then to make sure the problem was gone, i started another 1.6 gb torrent and the problem didnt come back. the cpu usage didnt go up either. ???then after a 5 minutes, the cpu usage went up 100%. i used process explorer to see what was making it go up and it says that the process taking up the most cpu is "interrupts" which doesnt really help me much. the system graph goes at 100% for a little while, goes down then goes back up. each of these files has atleast 100+ seeders and leechers. and the max download rate is .9 kB/s and upload is 0.1kB/s . i dont know whats going on but i didnt mess with any of the av, firewall or spyweeper before or after i rebooted.

thanks for the help guys. :)

*update 2

ok, i left my comp alone for 1 hour and everything settled down, each file was downloading at a reasonable 20-40 kB/s and the cpu usage was back down and stopped going up and down.

still dont know what the problem is but i hope this helps

just an update :)

if anyone has the same problem as this, i guess with larger files u just have to give them more time to work. because after i left my comp alone for a while, cpu usage went back down. i dont know if this is a bug or not, or just a process that it has to go through, but just an fyi :)

Archived