No Incoming Connections Despite Successful Port Forwarding

danish.sultan

Dear Reader,

I switched to 1 MB DSL service a week ago. I am using Huawei SmartAX-MT882v2. After following the guide at www.portforward.com, I was successful in setting up port forwarding and re-checked it using PFPortChecker. The result showed that the port was open. The port that I am using is 63xxx.

However, when I try to download any torrent, for the first couple of minutes the yellow triangle with the exclamation appears at the bottom stating "No incoming connections". It then turns green. Although the download starts somehow, I do not get more than 7 kB/s. The download drops down to less than 2 kB/s and keeps on fluctuation between the two numbers (at times, even in B/s). Then the torrent becomes inactive. The issue is not with torrents / seeding / port forwarding since the torrents are very healthy and port forwarding is enabled.

I am using a static IP and the network is behind NAT. uPNP and NAT-PMP both are disabled.

Can someone please suggest what might be the issue and how to resolve it?

Thank you.

1. I had a similar modem/router. The only way I could get uTorrent to work was to enable both nat and upnp on the router and in uTorrent. I think I still used a static IP but it wasn't necassary.

2. What are you're settings options>preferences>bandwidth? And when you say that the torrents are very healthy, how many seeds and seed/leech ratio?

1st and 2nd links in my signature.

Do note that megabit/sec bandwidth speeds are how most ADSL/Cable lines are measured...while uTorrent uses KiloBYTES/second and MegaBYTES/second.

Also, uTorrent's Speed Guide (CTRL+G) asks for your max upload speed to set uTorrent's settings by...and your upload max is probably far less than your download max.

@ TechnoHippy

Maximum upload rate: 92

Maximum download rate: 0

Global maximum number of connections: 600

Maximum number of connected peers per torrent: 100

Number of upload slots per torrent: 6

The seed / leech ratio is 3.75 (1500 seeders / 400 leechers)

@ Switeck

I've already gone through the FAQs and the guide. Have tweaked the settings accordingly. Yet the issue remains.

@ Dracon

Is BitTorrent traffic on a well-known BitTorrent port (6881) throttled?

* The BitTorrent upload (seeding) worked. Our tool was successful in uploading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests a TCP upload achieved at least 185 Kbps while a BitTorrent upload achieved at most 232 Kbps. You can find details here.

* The BitTorrent download worked. Our tool was successful in downloading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests a TCP download achieved at least 809 Kbps while a BitTorrent download achieved at most 834 Kbps. You can find details here.

Is BitTorrent traffic on a non-standard BitTorrent port (10009) throttled?

* The BitTorrent upload (seeding) worked. Our tool was successful in uploading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests a TCP download achieved at least 166 Kbps while a BitTorrent download achieved at most 218 Kbps. You can find details here.

* The BitTorrent download worked. Our tool was successful in downloading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests a TCP download achieved at least 500 Kbps while a BitTorrent download achieved at most 750 Kbps. You can find details here.

Is TCP traffic on a well-known BitTorrent port (6881) throttled?

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits all downloads at port 6881. In our test, a TCP download on a BitTorrent port achieved at least 849 Kbps while a TCP download on a non-BitTorrent port achieved at least 500 Kbps. You can find details here.

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits all uploads at port 6881. In our test, a TCP upload on a BitTorrent port achieved at least 209 Kbps while a TCP upload on a non-BitTorrent port achieved at least 166 Kbps. You can find details here.

By the way, if it helps, the SmartAX MT882 is acting as a router on Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC.

Archived