Not sure that I'm seeding once download completes

mb0yer

I have completed three downloads and currently downloading 2 others. While I am downloading, I am also sharing the files, but once the download completes, I don't have any uploads and my share ratio is unchanged. The files are showing as seeding in the main window, but I can't tell that I am. I have my settings set to seed all the time so whenever I start my computer I should be sharing. What am I doing wrong?

Ultima -

the first is Seeding 0(6) Peers 0(6)

second 0(906) & 0(356)

third 0(462) & 0(250)

Switech -

My ISP is HughesNet, but I'm not sure what you mean by a "NATed" LAN ip. I tried some of the links you provided and added a rule to my Norton 360 3.0 firewall. I still have a red circle with an exclamation point at the bottom of the window and am unable to test if the port is forwarded properly. I have gone through all the steps of opening the port to my router, but am still unsuccessful. Is it my ISP, my firewall, my router, or me?

Most if not all satellite connections are LAN ips. They don't get a true internet WAN ip to themselves. Since you don't control their router, you can't forward in that case.

IPv6 via Teredo can partially overcome NAT caused firewalling.

So too will (hopefully) uTP connections in development right now with the v1.8.3 betas and v1.9 alphas.

Archived