Port Forwarding Troubles

perfectlyflirty

Hello everyone, I am brand new to the forum and I am in desperate need of your help...I am trying to figure out why my port forwarding efforts are so futile.

I am running WinXP Media and Utorrent 1.8.2

I have a LinkSys wrt300N router

Currently windows firewall is turned off though there is an exception for Utorrent and all other security software is turned off.

I have followed www.portforward.com's instructions to the letter for my router and setting up a static IP address, I have checked and rechecked several times. but no matter what everything tells me that my port is closed, I have used Utorrent's port check, portforward.com's port checker and a few online port checkers all with the same result - port CLOSED. I am just wondering if there is something somewhere that I am missing because for the life of me I just cannot figure this out.

Thank you so much for any help you can offer because I have been searching the net for hours now with no answer and no matter what I check or try from other suggestions nothing seems to work.

Smile

I also wanted to note that I even unplugged the router and went straight from my modem to my pc and cannot get a steady green light, I might get one for a minute or two and then it's right back to the little yellow caution symbol. So I just don't know what else to do...but the port forward has been driving me insane LOL. Thanks for any and all help.

Smile

Archived