Seeding bug -- counts downloads

When you jump on a torrent to help seed, uTorrent tells the tracker you have downloaded <size of Torrent> and not 0 bytes.

On a few of the sites I'm on this has caused my ratio to go to hell as it tells the tracker I have downloaded gigs of data that was already there.

I noticed this when seeding some already completed torrents. Instead of an infinite ratio it started me off at 0. I did not notice that it was actually telling the tracker that I had downloaded all of it again though. If it turns out to be ture, that could be a big issue. :shock:

I noticed this when seeding some already completed torrents. Instead of an infinite ratio it started me off at 0. I did not notice that it was actually telling the tracker that I had downloaded all of it again though. If it turns out to be ture, that could be a big issue. :shock:

That sounds like a really minor issue, but if you want to use a site like boxtorrents, it is HUGE!

You can destroy your share ratio in a hurry this way. I'm afraid I don't dare make this my default BT client or recommend it to my friends until this is fixed.

Indeed. This thread might not be getting many replies because it doesn't affect users of public trackers. If you're in a private community, however, this is an extremely big deal that can ruin your ratio. It's the only thing stopping me from using this awesome client :)

yeh , just noticed this...howevre on the two trackers I noticed it on , they actually didn't increment my overall account download value, even though every time I stopped/hashed & restarted the new session erroneously showed I'd d/l the torrent again???

This isn't an issue on trackers based on the torrentbits source (which means on virtually all private trackers) unless they're using an ancient, ancient release. Some older clients (a couple years ago) had this problem as well, so the tracker was written so that the overall stats weren't recorded in that case.

Archived