Utorrent 1.8.2 b14458 not deleting completed torrents???

PiusX

I downloaded and installed the latest version but I did notice a odd thing happening to it. When I was done downloading a torrent file it didn't delete the complete file torrent rather it was still there when I looked at the folder?? Did anyone else notice this happening?? I created separate folders for each process of utorrent so as to not confuse myself when I want to find the file I downloaded to those that I am still downloading.

Yes, I did all that in the settings already. It worked under 1.8.1 when it was done downloading the torrent file it removed it from folder that keeped the torrents until it finished the downloading process. I still have files from the previous torrent that I copied the utorrent folder cache and copied it to the new folder cache.

Hi PiusX - thanks for reporting this behaviour.

I'm assuming you're talking about the "Move completed downloads to" feature in Preferences | Directories.

Please give us the following:

The steps you go though, in order, to reproduce the problem (write these down as you do them, please).

How did you open the torrent?

- Download, then double click?

- Clicked on a link in a browser?

- Drag n Drop?

Did you set a destination (Save As) in the "Add new torrent" dialog?

Which file are you expecting to be deleted / moved? The .torrent file or the data?

Screenshots of the following Preferences pages:

- UI Settings

- Directories

- Advanced | Disk Cache

Please upload these somewhere and put a link in your post:

%APPDATA%/uTorrent/*.dat

Thanks,

Adam

Ok, I will try to get them up tonight if I can I take a snap shot of the screens and upload them to have them viewed.

How did you open the torrent?

I used the open command from utorrent to open the torrent file.

- Download, then double click?

no

- Clicked on a link in a browser?

no

- Drag n Drop?

no

Did you set a destination (Save As) in the "Add new torrent" dialog?

I used FF3 to download into a folder I created in the Utorrent install called torrents where the torrents are saved to.

http://f.imagehost.org/0628/Directories.png

http://f.imagehost.org/0372/UI_settings.png

http://f.imagehost.org/0669/Advance_Disk_Cache.png

Should I reinstall 1.8.2 and then individually reopen each torrent and let it do a recheck and then see if when one of the torrents finishes see if it deletes the completed torrent???

• 2 weeks later...

This is very helpful info.

Yes, please do that with one of the torrents.

However, before you do that, please zip the *.dat files in %appdata%\uTorrent, and post a link to that zip file. I want to compare your settings to the defaults to narrow down where to look.

Thanks for taking the time to submit this information.

Archived