1.1.4 nice

ColdArmor

Is the 10 timeout jsut for the sending the "STOP" command to the tracker, or is it 10 seconds for connecting to the tracker (like even when starting downloads) becasue I am getting a few more tracker timeouts than usual and with other clients the trackers are okay.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have upgrading to 1.1.4! So far, the utorrent program seems to run great. I was using Bittornado, and like the feature utorrent has better than the plain interface of bittornado.

I placed a link on my torrent site for my members to try.

Keep up the great work!

Kevin

As many other people said in the other poll/thread... you're not going to be looking at the about box every minute you use the program (or are you? =P). Also, it's not there unless you force it to be there (by clicking deliberately on the icon).

If you're worried about it taking up space, the devs already said that it doesn't take up much at all.

There's no sound stored in the exe at all anyway, it's dynamically generated in around 20 lines of code. Considering uTorrent has around 20,000 lines of code in total, I don't think it matters much.

Yeah, I agree that Deep Note should be kept as it's becoming an immediate identifier of µTorrent (well for me anyway :P ). IMHO, the THX sound is one of the best pieces of music, if not the perfect sound ever made! 8)

P.S.: if you want to laugh a little, I'll link to one of my posts on [H]ard|OCP. ;)

What can I add that hasn't been said already? Nothing :) This release rocks, it's a real improvement over to the previous versions (1.1.3 was already nice, that being said).

Maybe the icons could still be modified a little (mostly the bright colors)? But it's really to say something bad :D

I've been recommended to try uTorrent two days ago. (Before that I used to do the job with Azureus, because only that had some vital features (ie prioritized seeding), however I knew it was a resource hog.)

Then I tried uTorrent, and I fell in love! :) The next day came 1.1.4 witch is even better and now I do my best to spread the little micro among my friends.

Really great job!

;)

- Feature: Don't include forced jobs in seed queue computations.

Love that feature, I sure missed it in 1.1.3

The only thing I miss now is how to control wich torrent is the next in queue to download when a torrent is completed... =)

Really great update! Keep up the good work! :D

I love uTorrent!

Indeed. Even i get better speeds now, regardless of the fact i had no speed issues in any version of µTorrent. Very good work indeed. Perheps the Select() issue really effected most of us unknowingly.

Yupp, even though I managed to get 1.1.3 to run without any Select Errors this new version seems faster and better at selecting peers :)

Archived