Cannot connect to *ANY* tracker

Cephus

This has only happened in the last day or two, but it's really, really annoying. I'm using uTorrent 1.4, build 402, I haven't made any changes at all, but now every single solitary torrent times out trying to connect to the torrent. Every one. If I restart uTorrent, they all connect for about 5-10 minutes, then it goes back to 100% timeouts.

Hello. I have had the exact same problem. µtorrent worked great for the last month. I downloaded several GB from one private tracker.

Then two days ago, the tracker timed out constantly. The website was still on on and nobody else seemed to have that problem. Since yesterday the website is unrachable as well.

I tried several other torrents and all the time i have timeouts after a few minutes. I deleted the .dat files and things seemed to work better, but i still have a few timeouts and download rate is near zero most of the time. I tried the open office torrent and it first said timeout as well, but while i'm writing this it started and is coming in at +300 kB/s (yeah, still hope! :)).

the one thing i remember doing differently when the timeouts first occurred is that i used the Internet Explorer for a few hours, usually i use Opera as browser.

While writing most of my torrents have started downloading again (8 downloading, 6 queued)...

I have Win XP Pro, Sygate Firewall configured to allow µtorrent and its ports (port is now above 49500, has been 8686 before timeouts started), and ports are not forwarded, because i cannot access the router (it's not mine).

(But not having my ports forwarded has never been a problem, as i've said i have downloaded several gigs from the private tracker without being connectable.)

Does anybody have an idea, why there are so many timeouts all of a sudden?

I'm having the same issues, i cannot connect to any tracker at all. I get error messages such as unreachable host, the target machine actively refused the connection, and trackers that have their status constantly saying "working". The thing is I tried connecting to the same trackers using Azureus and it connected to the trackers right away! I do have the port fowarded correctly for uTorrent and uTorrent is set to permit all in my firewall...i dont want to use Azureus anymore! What could be causing these tracker errors?

Archived