Part File Bug still present in 406 beta

Lexxington

I see the part file bug is still present in the 406 beta!

Deleted torrent from list, added it again. Set files to skip and files to download normally, then forced a re-hash and then started to d/l.

Part file got bigger and BIGGER and BIGGER but the actual files never got 'filled'.

I used 'pre-allocate' and diskio.use_partfile is set to TRUE in advanced options.

Hope this gets FIXED once and for all soon please.

So right now the size of your partfile is ~= the amount downloaded?

When the part file is bugging out like this, the amount downloaded = the size of the part file.

Some of the files were completed elsewhere. Those files plus one other file (which is partially complete) are set to normal download and the rest are skipped.

After removing the torrent, adding it again, going through the selection process above, doing a re-hash and starting the torrent downloading, the part file size starts at 0 and increases to the size shown in the amount downloaded at the bottom of ther screen. The pre-allocated file doesn't ever seem to get written to, but the part file just gets bigger and bigger.

One other thing, the pre-allocated not completed file has been allocated the WRONG size. It's a few MB short!

Forgot to mention also that there are a lot of errors in the logging section about PF file not found or something. Sorry can't be exact here. Loads and loads of these.

I'll see if the same happens in v411.

I don't know. I had a similar problem once but it works perfectly for me. But I don't use Pre-Allocate, ever, so disabling pre-allocate if you hadn't already... Why do you want that on anyhow.

As for the PF stuff, I see them a lot too in the newer versions. Eventually, I came to the conclusion that they are pretty harmless by themselves.

I don't know. I had a similar problem once but it works perfectly for me. But I don't use Pre-Allocate, ever, so disabling pre-allocate if you hadn't already... Why do you want that on anyhow.

To prevent (or at least minimise) fragmentation.

BitComet works perfectly in that respect.

Archived