µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is still a bug in 418.

I have disabled outgoing encryption and a remote client has "enabled always" (both 418).

Sometimes we have an E flag, sometimes not. It should always be encrypted as at the other side is forced.

The first attempt had no E, i said him to stop torrent and restart and we had an E.

It seems that if i start connection we never get encryption no matter what.

well that's good, because disabling incoming encrypted connections would litterally screw the people who have an ISP which throttles BT traffic to a standstill and what not ^_^

People who get throttled totally should uncheck the legacy connection checkbox and have Encryption always on.

People who aren't throttled should just leave the settings alone (disabled for outgoing) and make sure they can accept incoming connections.

That way people it will be as normal for the exception that throttled users should be able to download better. ^_^

now enough of my drunken ramblings ^_^ lol

Just a note with the seed only scheduler, it is working great for me so far and even allows to me keep a torrent as downloading, but will not download anymore but still upload the pieces I have.

However can it be made that a force start on a torrent will override the scheduler and still download it?

Cheers

kulprit

@alcoholjunkie wrote:

People who get throttled totally should uncheck the legacy connection checkbox and have Encryption always on.

People who aren't throttled should just leave the settings alone (disabled for outgoing) and make sure they can accept incoming connections.

My isp is shaping in en outgoing connections

So clients who disable encryption can not give me full speed or cant connect at all if i turn off legacy connections So everybody have to enable it.

Am i wright?

Grts Blimmel

Sorry guys but i do not understand.

If i have ENABLED ALWAYS, and another 418 connects to me, we should ALWAYS have an E, even if he has disabled. Else how i can bypass my ISP?

In fact i wasn't only uploading to him but downloading too and i was limited in download from that client at 1-2KB/s by my ISP.

When i restarted the torrent then we had an E as we should.

Is it more clear?

How it is working now it's useless 50% of the time.

if by chance i connect to him first, we have an E, if he connects to me first, we do not have it, even if in the future i start downloading from him.

I agree with skynetman, I think it should be like this:

I have PE "Enabled, Always" - if peer tries to connect me (incoming connection), connection should be encrypted even if peer has disabled outgoing PE, and my µT shouldn't allow unencrypted connections

I have PE "Enabled" - it should allow unencrypted connections from "non-µT/Azureus" clients, but still encrypt data from µTorrent and if possible Azureus

Because now it's useless if it's incoming connection and peer has PE disabled

Hello.I have the last version and this settings.....Protocol Encryption=enabled.Allow legacy incoming connections=checked and peer exchange=checked.It seems to work fine like this for me!!What do you think??But i don't know one thing....:advanced options-diskio.read_cache_size.i must leave it 0 or change it?Sorry about my english........!!!!!!

Archived