µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

A lot of new requests have emerged lately. Most of them deal with the statistics part. Many people want more things to be listed (total ratio etc). They also want a "reset to default" button instead of deleting the file which includes both statistics and settings. This shouldn't be too hard too implement before µTorrent 1.5. What do you think Firon? Are these ideas worthy enough to forward to Ludde?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone also have a lot of hasfails since v1.4.2 build 428?

These 2 are fully downloaded with the build 428

1) Got 6 hashfails on a 174mb file

2) Got 4 hashfails on a 154mb file

Never had hashfails before ...

If no one have it, I suppose peer fault. Just asking wether more people has hashfails.

@jhn195: It may be completely normal, depending on the torrent. For example, if it's an HBO show, HBO is actively poisoning the swarm. Be sure to use a good ipfilter list. You can get one from here:

http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/ipfilter.dat

If that isn't it, it may be the encryption, as others have mentioned. Try running the OpenOffice torrent and see if you get hashfails (with encryption ON).

-Ares

Is anybody else having problems with trackers with 428?

I'm not positive that 428 is the problem but multiple trackers are showing me connected a bunch of times on the same torrent. When an "update tracker" is attempted, it seems to connect to it again until eventually the tracker rejects me for having too many connections.

I also had an "insufficient buffer space" error earlier, which I've never seen before, and had to reboot to cure it. The only thing that's changed is the upgrade to 428. Prior to that, everything was hunky dory.

It just happened again while typing this out -- all my trackers have rejected me and report "offline (timed out)" even though they are still online.

make sure you patched to 100, as always

http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

CHeck it again if it wasn't very recent (more than a week or so)

And the buffer space, there's a FAQ entry on it, and someone on the forums had the asme error, with a different fix. Try searching

Wow, quick and efficient as always, Firon.

Automatic Updates must have undone my patch just recently because it was, indeed, set back to a ten-connection limit. First time that's tripped me up.

I'm sure that must have been the problem.

As for the buffer space issue, shame on me for not checking the FAQ. I missed it because it was more of a system-wide error. I hadn't previously noted it while perusing the FAQ.

Thanks again, Firon!

Edited to add: For what it's worth, neither Norton GoBack (don't use it) nor mIRC (hadn't run it that session) would have been responsible for my "insufficient buffer space" error. I'm sure it was a result of the TCPIP.SYS patch reverting to the ten-connection limit. Perhaps another thing for people to check when they see this error.

Automatic Updates must have undone my patch just recently because it was, indeed, set back to a ten-connection limit. First time that's tripped me up.

Edited to add: For what it's worth, neither Norton GoBack (don't use it) nor mIRC (hadn't run it that session) would have been responsible for my "insufficient buffer space" error. I'm sure it was a result of the TCPIP.SYS patch reverting to the ten-connection limit. Perhaps another thing for people to check when they see this error.

See this thread, but in a nutshell whenever there's a MS patch which includes a new TCPIP.SYS, you have to reuse the EvID patch. TCPIP.SYS is completely replaced and not augmented, which is why it reverts back to the XP SP2-imposed 10 half-open connection limit.

See this thread, but in a nutshell whenever there's a MS patch which includes a new TCPIP.SYS, you have to reuse the EvID patch. TCPIP.SYS is completely replaced and not augmented, which is why it reverts back to the XP SP2-imposed 10 half-open connection limit.

Thanks for the information, Primus. Much appreciated!

Ironically, I had checked the TCPIP.SYS yesterday, just to make sure it took with my latest install of a week ago (it did). Had it not been for that, I'd like to think I would have thought to check it before posting here. ;)

My RSS downloader was supposed to download a torrent tonight. The filter picked the correct torrent and added it to history but the torrent didn't appear on the list. Log says "unable to load xxxxxxxx.torrent".

When I hit "update now" the torrent appeared on the list and started right away.

I think µTorrent should retry if there's a problem.

Archived