µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

outgoing?

I thought the problem is the incoming traffic...

Yes but when you download' date=' I believe YOU initiate the connection to other peers, and depending on your protocol (PE or not), the remote peer answer and sends the data.[/quote']

NO... The outgoing traffic has nothing to do with the incomming. When the incomming season is initialized then all the traffic is no encrypted.

It's really a good workaround because sync can be lost for many reasons. What happens is that when sync is lost, the last chunk received is bad. So what µTorrent does is discard the last received chunk, thus reducing wasted data and preventing a hashfail.

Yes but when you download, I believe YOU initiate the connection to other peers, and depending on your protocol (PE or not), the remote peer answer and sends the data. If you do not initiate Encrypted protocol, the peers will keep to legacy protocol for ALL your downloads. For seeding/UL it is a different story, but this is not your problem... :P

No... µTorrent accepts encrypted connections regardless. Any connection (local or remote) will have to go through a handshake, and if the correct handshake is made (lol secret handshakes...), the connection gets encrypted. It doesn't matter who initiates the connection. At least that's my intuitive understanding of it.

If an incoming connection comes in as encrypted, it's encrypted regardless. You have no control over it. Also, if you have DHT or PEX on, you may still make outgoing connections to PE-enabled peers, because they can propagate a PE flag through them to tell other clients to make outgoing encrypted connections to them.

Hence, turning it off is summarily useless. :P

I believe disabling PE helps since it it reduces significantly the amount encrypted messages coming from Azureus to uT.

I said *reduces* not eliminates. And yes, canceling PEX and DHT as well - may reduces it some more.

Also, if you have DHT or PEX on, you may still make outgoing connections to PE-enabled peers, because they can propagate a PE flag through them to tell other clients . :P

In the event of PE=disabled - I'm not sure it should be so. It you initiated the PEX - you should NOT use PE.

And, iIt is a by-pass, not "cure". It helps me .

On a ~5000 peers' swarm (SG1 ... ) you can leave them off :P

and, as I mentioned, I think contacting other PEX/DHT should comply to your disable flag too...

People who are throttled shouldn't have to suffer because you got encryption turned off.

On a ~5000 peers' swarm (SG1 ... ) you can leave them off :P

and' date=' as I mentioned, I think contacting other PEX/DHT should comply to your disable flag too...[/quote']

People who are throttled shouldn't have to suffer because you got encryption turned off.

I got it on untill yesterday. The only reason to set it off - is bugs, and thus many hash fails (Az).

I'm one of those throttled ones, you want me to suffer? :P

No, I don't. So I suggest you push on releasing the hash-bug by-pass / optimized version ASAP... I promise to turn it back ON again then... :)

Anyway - my poor 96K UL will not help you much... :P

Archived