µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And back to the hash-fail problem -

My guess is that it has to do with the new the Protocol Header Encryption . I tried to disable it - and it seemed to almost totally eliminate the hash-fails !!!

I suggest that you guys, do the same and report back here.

My theory is - that one of the Az or uT versions (either the current ones or an older one, like uT B426...) might be causing the problem. So, even if YOU are OK, you may be effected by the other side.

So, help the swarm and report back!!!

Well, nothing much to add to the above quote (except I told you so... :P)

Development of new communication protocols/encryption is not a simple task. Being compatible to both a standard as well as each other - was achieved remarkably fast. Glitches are expected, and will be resolve in time...

Touché* for ludde !!!

i wasn't getting a Network OK in 427 for awhile there, i figured it was because i just switched back to my home network (i'm home from school for the break). I am getting one now with 428.

it not being announced may just be a matter of the site not being updated yet. either ludde or firon usually does it, so the files often wait in the beta folder until one or the other has time to update the site. perhaps that's the case now. also, this beta has a changelog. in the past the ones that didn't get announced didn't have changelogs. so maybe this one breaks with pattern, but it's probably more likely that it's just waiting on a site update.

@Technarch: I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic, but if you weren't, I'll just tell you that the "Disk Overload" message has been around for a while. See if this thread helps you.

Edit: Interestingly, I just saw that message for the first time as well (b428)... and I was only downloading at ~40KB/s... Oh well, I'll deal and live =P

Archived