µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 428 (not sure when this started), if you hash check a torrent where you downloaded some files and skipped other files, the log file has an entry for each skipped piece:

[time of day] Error: PF_NOT_FOUND, o=(long number), S=(long number)

[time of day] ReadFile error: (name of file):(more numbers)

AND the hash check takes longer than usual.

But it comes out as 100% anyway.

I can confirm the bug TheDude mentioned. For me it was only two of the number that change per error,

the others stayed the same no matter what file or torrent =

[time of day] Error: PF_NOT_FOUND, o=(long nr + different every time), S=65536

[time of day] ReadFile error: (name of file):(long nr + different every time):4194304:4194304:19

@CLR: the "fix" for hashfails occurred in 427, the current hashfail problems originate from Azureus peers, and is fixed in their CVS, so hopefully will soon be incorporated into a stable.

p.s. any way to turn off the icons on the tabs in 429? i really dislike those pictures.

edit: and not enough core changes to make me stick with it, *reverts to 428*

...But I didn´t see the "fix" for hashfails in the changelog

'cause it is not there yet... too bad...

From IRC:

[20:20] <rafi> Firon: does B 429 include the new block-replacement algorithm ?

[20:22] <Firon> ?

[20:24] <rafi> F: The one you mentioned ludde was working on to reduce synch problems & bad hash

[20:25] <ludde3> rafi: no that won't be implemented in 1.5

[20:25] <ludde3> i can't add it without big risk of bugs

@CLR: the "fix" for hashfails occurred in 427, the current hashfail problems originate from Azureus peers, and is fixed in their CVS, so hopefully will soon be incorporated into a stable.

This was said many times before...

And I wrote "fix" cause its a work around.

@firon thanks the fix will be in the public b430?

And is that what rafi postet (the quote from irc) another thing or is it the same i write about?

CLRS530, osmosis made a typo, in 426 µTorrent had a small bug that caused hashfails but was fixed in 427.

The current problem people experienced with hashfailes(b 427+) is caused by Azureus,

but the Az team has fixed it in the CVS so hopefully they will release the next stable soon.

Hmm. I'm not sure I like the new icons.. Maybe I got too used to the old ones.. but it just seems like additional visual clutter that wasn't really necessary.

None of the icons on the tabs are 'intuititive' where one would go oh ya that symbol makes sense, without memorizing them. Plus they are small, so not easily viewable. So just clutter.

In the torrents list, the icons are definitely much smaller. I kinda liked the older larger icons. :(

I think I'll go back to 428 for now.. Why not host a 'skinning contest' and make it even more fun by allowing the users to vote on the candidates? The theme should be 'clean and simple but elegant'.

CLRS530: There were two hashfail issues. One was caused by µTorrent in beta 426, and was fixed in beta 427. The other was caused by a bug in -Azureus-. Originally there was gonna be a workaround implemented to avoid the hashfails caused by the bug in Azureus, but ludde said he wasn't gonna implement it.

Technarch: stick to b428, 429 is not public. :P

Archived