µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious- I've read people here talking about beta 429. It's not on the download page so I assumed it was for a few testers. Although I still only see beta 428 on the download page, I just downloaded beta 430 from softpedia. Does that mean it's open to the rest of us now?

I've gotta say, I *like* the new icons -- for the tabs and the status indicators. Toolbar as well, of course.

They look a lot nicer with 430, too, with the fixed transparancies (as compared to 429).

I wouldn't mind seeing this become the default.

System tray icon looks better as well.

yeah, I removed my skin for the first time today as well :)

I wanted to see the changes to the new GUI, and there it was - a new toolbar button.

It's great that there is an option to remove the tab icons, since they don't fit with the rest of the theme, and also seem a bit blurry. (or is it just me?)

I would suggest to change the icon for "completed" in the category list, since this category consists of both "seeding" and "finished" torrents, but it has the same icon as the "finished" torrents. It might be more intuitive if it had an icon of its own.

I really like b430. great release.

430 did come as a surprise for me, new tray icon, program icon, (a lot) better standard GUI. i guess those spanking new tab icons does take a little getting used to (thank god for the "Icons on tabs" switch). but overall, it's a great release :)

hopefully, the final release tab icons would shrink in size just a little bit. it's just a tad too big. it's just my opinion though ;)

I don't like the buttons on the tabs. Much too fuzzy. The transparent background doesn't match the color of the tabs.

I would suggest to get a good icon artist and make new buttons:

Peers: Nicer world orb and better recognizable little green man.

Pieces: jigsaw piece(s)

Files: multiple file icons put together

Speed: a small speed graph

Logger: just a plain sheet of paper with some lines, no magnifying glass

General: ... don't know yet

The toolbar icons are ok, but could be more vivid. I also don't like they look as if they are standing on some kind of floor.

Well, my 20 cents ;)

Anyway, are the tab icons skinable?

... the systray icon and the window icon differ slightly. The program window looks better with the black border.

LOL buttons & icons become pretty trivial when your ISP starts shaping your BT traffic like mine is doing now. :(

I can't wait for the stable (and a fixed Azureus stable of course), I don't care if the buttons are pink, brown or purple as long as my speeds improve it's all good.

The icons for the tabs are cool, and I like the icon theme in general. This seems like minor thing in software, but alot of users' perceptions of quality come from very simple things like this. It's just good karma for µtorrent in other words and will only help more widespread adoption.

Yeah - good work on 430. The client's really shaping up nicely.

Any word on whether we'll be getting separate display settings for the columns in the different categories: (All/Downloading/Completed/Inactive). No point in having "Down Speed" when you're using the "Completed" filter, etc ... Gotta make the most of precious screen real estate, eh ?

Thanks again for all the hard work.

See http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=2218 for some nice looking icons. I colorized some of them, see the result on the 2nd page.

Much cleaner, if you ask me.

Yes the GUI is very important for good software. I think the icons should reflect the concept of utorrent, fast, smart, small. Too complex or playful icons don't fit, IMO.

Just think of a girlfriend that is nice and sweet, can cook and make good love, but is ugly...

Well, until i get my DSL in the next few weeks i can only test and bitch about the GUI :D

Archived