µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

Has anyone given any thought to the fact that some people are colour blind?

Differently shaped symbols are helpful.

I'm not red-green colour blind thankfully, but a lot of people out there are supposedly.

Apparantly only about 85% of ppl have normal vision (i.e. not some form of colour blindness, there are lots of types)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now in build 433 we have the classic status color signal. Why is it yellow when I have no torrents in the client? Shouldn't it be black or nonexistent? I have DHT enabled ... maybe it's yellow because I have no incoming DHT connections (which I shouldn't, there being no torrents in the client)?

disable DHT

close client

reopen client

signal still yellow

Well, going to have to (shudder) actually join a torrent and see if it turns properly green.

Nice work with the automatic read_cache-feature.

When I click "search for updates" for the client version and when click "download translation", no new version or language translation can be found, or it doesn't say anything. Wouldn't it make a few things clear if the client tells me no new updates are available?

I can confirm this. "check for updates" doesn't work like it used to. Nothing happens when it's selected. In the past there was a notification stating that there is no available update.

There is not notification for the download translation option as well.

Can't believe that the language auto update is implemented, I suggested that ages ago. Woot!

I still think it would be a better idea to have the parts of the UI that WILL NOT change (ie: "start" "pause" "options" "Stop" "remove" "file" "options" "help" "preferences" etc et) multi-lingual by default and integrated into the client so a person who doesn't understand english can use µT. Also, when a new version of µTorrent comes out which has some new text that is not translated yet a language file should be used and updated via the auto-update function which has just been implemented.

the RSS downloader found the file I set up a filter for, but it didnt download it.. but its in the history.

"[02:18:35] Unable to load "blablabla.torrent"!" is the error message in the logger.

it doesnt even work when I click on the release in the RSS-downloader manualy!

what went wrong?

anyone..? :/

the RSS downloader found the file I set up a filter for' date=' but it didnt download it.. but its in the history.

"[02:18:35'] Unable to load "blablabla.torrent"!" is the error message in the logger.

it doesnt even work when I click on the release in the RSS-downloader manualy!

what went wrong?

anyone..? :/

Usually - the reason is a bad feed status (offline, bad format etc). Try from another feed. You can look @ known problems in the todo section here

I hope they will implement some of the fixes soon.

The tooltip works for me each time. And it hasn't changed back to yellow...

No such luck here. Not only can't I get the tooltip to display again, but when I got onto a torrent on a tracker that probes for firewalling, the tracker's site showed me as unfirewalled, which means it had connected to me, but the ball was still yellow. In BitTornado, the probe always was enough to turn it green. Of course, it disconnects right away; do you have to have a current incoming connection for the ball to be green? If that's the case, it would have flashed green and back to yellow imperceptibly fast. (There were only seeds on the torrent, no leechers, so I had no other connections except, momentarily, the probe.) That would also explain why some people are seeing it flip between green and yellow a lot.

Still doesn't explain why I can't see the tooltip again.

Yes, the Language download thing is broken....

I cannot download the file (it worked one time).

No message comes and sometimes you cant check for a new version cause the threat hangs up or something.

Make the "network ok thingy" optional please or maybe option to change the icon...

I cant belive why so many of you want to change every sooooooo unimportant thing.

Let the poor small icon be what it is...

Before the fix, tracker connections didn't count (you can't see it on the debug column either), so it'd often go way over the half-open limit.

So to get it to the way the 427 build works, I should...what? Change my half open connections to a larger amount?

Make the "network ok thingy" optional please or maybe option to change the icon...

Yeah I second that. I liked the "Network OK" better.

Then at least the bottom half of uTorrent is "clean" without icons :P

Edit: doh after using this client for months I now discovered F4 (lazy me)

OK it's not really important of course

Archived