µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only get one H flag, and no X flags. in build 413 I had lots of both.

I'm using 417 and I'm getting H, X, E and e flags. Lots of H and X flags.

There was a bug with PEX in 413 (read the changelog for 417) and it's been fixed now. I'm not sure if uTorrent was only displaying X when it wasn't suppose to or was actually making connections to other peers when it wasn't suppose to (respecting the private flag). Either way, I wish uTorrent would ignore the private flag and force PEX on all torrents, but that doesn't seem to be politically supported by Ludde. But at least PEX has been implemented--that's a positive step!

I only get one H flag' date=' and no X flags. in build 413 I had lots of both.[/quote']

I'm using 417 and I'm getting H, X, E and e flags. Lots of H and X flags.

There was a bug with PEX in 413 (read the changelog for 417) and it's been fixed now. I'm not sure if uTorrent was only displaying X when it wasn't suppose to or was actually making connections to other peers when it wasn't suppose to (respecting the private flag). Either way, I wish uTorrent would ignore the private flag and force PEX on all torrents, but that doesn't seem to be politically supported by Ludde. But at least PEX has been implemented--that's a positive step!

It's not fixed.

Do you also wish for free rent? The private flag is an economical requirement, not a political statement. Get your ideology straight.

ML

Hmm .. it took me quite some time before connecting to peers and Network OK doesn't seem to appear with PE enabled. I disabled it and Network OK appears and i can connect to peers immediately. I don't see X anymore but still lots of H. Is this a bug or is it just me ?

edit: ok i see X again on another torrent ...

DIE! :o

die4ui.gif

:P

Here is a torrent for testing new features (peer exchange and encryption):

http://speedy69.webpark.pl/TestFile.torrent

Wow, my speeds fly on this torrent. Cebridge (my ISP) definitely started throttling after I came back from winter break in January. Anyway, I'm downloading from two seeds (no peers). I have this on forced so it will seed indefinitely. Pretty good test torrent. :D

Oh, and both seeds are "E". Strange part is, I'm not connecting to any of the four peers that are available. Just the two seeds.

And I just got a tracker status I had never seen before. "A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network."

My settings for encryption are Enabled (not forced) and Allow legacy.

I keep getting "Disconnect: Duplicate connection" in the logger window. I've also gotten "Disconnect: No such torrent". The IP doesn't trace to either of the two seeds I can connect to, nor does it trace to the two trackers. That applies for both errors.

EDIT: Hm also noticed some new behavior in other torrents. I notice that now I connect to almost ALL the seeds, and only a few peers (1-5 out of like 60). I know this is what other people have been asking for, I was just wondering if it was implemented, or it's just a fluke lol. (I'm running build 418). Just thought it might explain why I'm not connecting to ANY of the peers in the test torrent (just connecting to the two seeds). I personally don't care whether or not it connects to all the seeds or not, as I know sometimes the best speed comes from other peers. I was just wondering, that's all.

-Ares

I just tried the test torrent with uT417, and I'm connecting to both seeds and 2 of 4 peers, all showing HXE, one peer showed e for a while, then dropped off.

On other torrents, I've seen a lot of peers repeatedly appear and disappear rapidly in the peers tab. I had Allow legacy incoming connections ticked. Has anyone else noticed this?

BTW, on the General tab, why do Seeds and Peers show things like '5 of 10 connected (15 in swarm)' or '5 of 15 connected (10 in swarm)' ? Are the 'swarm' figures what the tracker is returning and peers located through DHT and PEX accounting for the extra five in the second case? With the test torrent why do both show '0 in swarm', is the tracker not handing out peers?

Mark

On other torrents, I've seen a lot of peers repeatedly appear and disappear rapidly in the peers tab . . . Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes. Also, the trackers for the test torrent seem to be having problems, so that might answer a few of your other questions.

-Ares

Situation. A remote utorrent has "force encryption on data" and i must pass him some missing part of a file (i have outgoing enc disabled).

When we both had beta 413 it was correctly showing E

Now i updated to 417 and there is no more E.

Is there a bug?

EDIT: problem solved when he updated to 417

Ignore any "Disconnect: Duplicate connection" from 83.8.142.xx.

Peer Exchange works fine, I can connect to all peers without trackers/DHT after manually adding one peer.

Everyone should enable DHT before downloading this torrent, because the first tracker has removed my file and the second tracker is unstable.

Archived