µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

this is against the "keep it simple" rule...

Maybe so - but couldn't it be something you could have as an option ? e.g. Either display settings the same for all categories (as it is now) or separate settings for each category. I know people with xga screens that struggle to display stats efficiently & I imagine this could make the GUI much crisper for them. No one likes having a horizontal slider !

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

431 is out with no changelog between this and 430. Wonder what happend.

- Feature: Reorder RSS favorites

- Feature: If user is running from temporary internet files, prompt to install it.

- Feature: Added popup menu to easily change if the scheduler/dht is enabled.

- Change: Switch default theme

- Change: Skip hidden/system files when creating torrent.

- Change: Right align some columns.

- Change: Remove spaces from urls in RSS feeds

- Change: DHT binds UDP socket to net.bind_ip

- Change: If a file is larger than what it's supposed to, force a refresh.

- Fix: Prevent windows from going above pixel 0.

- Fix: Ratio on generals tab wasn't computed exactly like the main list.

this is against the "keep it simple" rule...

Maybe so - but couldn't it be something you could have as an option ? e.g. Either display settings the same for all categories (as it is now) or separate settings for each category. I know people with xga screens that struggle to display stats efficiently & I imagine this could make the GUI much crisper for them. No one likes having a horizontal slider !

You are not with me... Simpler=to the dev ! I like that idea too, but let ludde get the stable official PE+PEX out first.

Why don't you put it in the features requests thread ? So it will have a better change (= to get berried... ;) )

431 is out with no changelog between this and 430. Wonder what happend.

- Feature: If user is running from temporary internet files' date=' prompt to install it.

- Fix: Ratio on generals tab wasn't computed exactly like the main list.[/quote']

http://utorrent.com/download/beta/utorrent-1.4.2-beta-build-430.txt

--- 2006-02-27: Version 1.4.2-beta (build 430)

- Feature: If user is running from temporary internet files, prompt to install it.

- Fix: Ratio on generals tab wasn't computed exactly like the main list.

and I still wondering whats happend between 430 and 431.

the latest beta is 152.21 KB so this texy on the homepage should be changed =

the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 150 KB in size.

i said this already :P

but anyway, i guess the text in there is talking about the stables, not the betas, so we should wait to next stable :)

Firon: I understand, and that's what I meant - get the PE+PEX version out-as "stable", before other "improvements"-features.

( like -

this nice one: http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=utorrent1wf.jpg

or that: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=158441#p158441)

Personally - I would like to see as many bugs as possible fixed before 1.5 is out, and my "favorite"-most-wanted bug is right here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=6302 on the TBD list (To Be Done...) and the related wish-list here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=55358#p55358

Some of which are as simple as 5 min, of work for RSS-help button-link, or 10 min to code sorting of feeds - cut&paste from sorting of favorites... :P

Having said that, you know my opinion, that uT should NOT publish 1.5 until Az publishes their next release, and I think you know why (to have less users complain of hash-problems) . Until then - fix as many bugs as you can...

So, I cross my fingers that Az will be delayed, 'you' will be wise enough to wait for it, and ludde will, then, have the time for my RSS-bug+wish list ... How is that for a work-plan ? :P

Ah, yes, BTW I almost forgot my latest suggestion (GUI) : touchups/reorganize the main menu:

New: Tools->RSS,Speed-Wizard,options/pref.

New: View->toolbars->... , icons-on-tabs

Cancel: Options->

and ... ctrl-tab - cycle/moveto next tab...

All - nice-to-have if only time-to-Az permits ...

RSS is not an option any more... it's a tool... :P

There is still a small bug.

If "move completed downloads" is set and 2 torrents have been created by the author with same folder name, utorrent refuses to move the second torrent that completes and moves only the first torrent files.

Files and folder of the second remain in "new downloads" folder.

The changelog says "Switch default theme", does this just mean that Ludde has switched the theme that shows up when users open uTorrent without any custom toolbar.bmp and tstatus.bmp?

I thought maybe there is a new feature in uTorrent that lets you choose what theme to use instead of relying on users to add modified files. Just wondering.

lol maybe the changelog should read "Switched default theme"... though it's already a given that it's not a new feature, since (1) the feature set is frozen for the next stable, and (2) it says "Change:" and not "Feature:"...

Bah whatever =P

Archived