µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"use additional upload slots if...." has too high responsiveness: it opens even 4-6 slot almost simultaneously.

U should set a limit to the number of slots that can be opened in upload to 1 per 10 seconds for every torrent IF ABOVE the slot number limit, else new clients steal bandwidth from existing ones.

If u look at peer list ordered by upload speed u'll see what i mean.

"use additional upload slots if...." has too high responsiveness: it opens even 4-6 slot almost simultaneously.

U should set a limit to the number of slots that can be opened in upload to 1 per 10 seconds for every torrent IF ABOVE the slot number limit, else new clients steal bandwidth from existing ones.

If u look at peer list ordered by upload speed u'll see what i mean.

it works fine with me, the only times i see more than my 3 upload slots is when a new client opened a slot and the other one is closing

Could someone in the know answer this for me: If I'm using the read cache feature and my statistics show it as being 33% effective, does that mean that 1/3 of all my uploading from this session has come from the cache?

IINM, it means that 33% of your Read Cache is being used...someone correct me if I'm wrong. :|

Maybe I am wrong and did not read carefully enough but why is PE not on "enabled" by default?

This PE function sure gives us very high speeds when connected to peers having PE enabled.

I love µtorrent!! Now let's hope that the whole world wil turn to use PE as soon as possible. Preferably with µtorrent!

By the way: I have no problems whatsoever with v 1.4.1 Beta build 419.

Archived