µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean the list of categories to look like a notification bar with the categories on it.. the same things displayed but ordered differently

thus it takes less space.. i hope u get it now.. if someone could explain it better he'd better try or i'll be forced to "make" a screenshot :)

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6705/screen3tx.jpg

i think it's clear now.. the options button is useless though (:P).. and there is a Close button as well instead of pressing F7 :)

not so professionaly made - sorry for that..

That would be a problem if you have many labels, especially if you are running on low resolution.

Vertical is better, then you can have many labels with a long name without risking running out of space.

how about an option in the Interface section of the preferences dialog to make it appear like a a notification bar (something similar to Notificationbar-like category list).. takes less space.. i mean like the one in IE and Firefox that says "Popup blocked. blah blah"..

the user could choose.. there is another solution too - if it looks like the Bookmarks toolbar (e.g. Firefox, IE..) .. there is an arrow if there are a lot of labels and a drop down list appears if pressed

That would be a problem if you have many labels, especially if you are running on low resolution.

Vertical is better, then you can have many labels with a long name without risking running out of space.

indeed, besides current takes very little space, but i would love a close button and/or a button in the toolbar thou :)

but i would love a close button and/or a button in the toolbar thou :)

Two other options:

1. Just drag the vertical divider to the leftmost position - should close it. Or like in Word's split screen - with the little vertical bar you can drag

closed:

devide0bd.jpg

opened:

devide11jx.jpg

2. Get some ideas from the VERY nice one of Getright here:

getright5sl.jpg

Closing it by simply draging the divider to the right:

getright12kv.jpg

ERROR ERROR WILL ROBINSON

Finished Torrents are included in Seeding Category !

Oops ! :)

Also, "Stopped" Torrents should not be included in "Downloading" Category, but I could see that could be considered semantics.

Ideally, you have:

- Seeding

- Downloading

- Finished

- Stopped

- Paused

BTW, very nice !

Tjobo: no, I hate it. Thank God it's not default. :/

Then you just press F7. I didn't meant default as it won't remember the state everytime you start. Should be default in purpose just to get aware of it - and if you don't like it you turn it off. Just as with F4, F5 and F6.

Are the update notification emails still going out? The last one I received was on Thursday for 421, so I was surprised today when I saw that three updates had been issued since then.

Speaking of updates, is there any option planned that (upon running the program) will alert the user of a new version being available, download it directly if the user agrees, overwrite the existing version, and then start the new version for you? With such a tiny, single-file program, it would seem this would work splendidly and take all of about 5 seconds from beginning to end.

Archived