µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

rseiler: um, it already does that, and has for a really long time? if it's not doing that for you, you probably turned it off. betas won't get added to the auto-updater though.

And yes, the notifications are still going out. Make sure it's not getting caught in a spamfilter or something.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the beta builds up 420 have problems connecting peers. Scrape ok, but it rarely connects I'm seeing 40 seeds, 534 leechers, but after 50 min NO connections. (Yes, network ok).

Now I go back at the last stable release, within 1 minute connected to 8 people. (Mmm, had better maybe beta have setup some wrong thingy's).

Anyone similar experience?

two things:

-in the category list it says "Downloading (1)" but im not downloading anything.. 14 seeding and one stopped/finished (total 15).

-in RSS downloader, if you put any other column than "name" as first column, you get some weird space at the beginning of the row. or just remove "name" and you'll see..

unfinished torrents are included in Downloading, and finished torrents are included in Seeding

This is how it has been coded.

However, conceptually it comes about as close to a "bug" as you can get.

Finished torrents are certainly neither Seeding nor Downloading.

Unfinished stopped torrent are also neither.

rseiler: um, it already does that, and has for a really long time? if it's not doing that for you, you probably turned it off. betas won't get added to the auto-updater though.

And yes, the notifications are still going out. Make sure it's not getting caught in a spamfilter or something.

I think it's been so long since I've seen the autoupdater work that I forgot. I guess I tend to see the updates listed for download before it gets a chance to work. It's with the betas though that it would be most useful, since they outnumber releases probably by 20 to 1. Perhaps an optional "Advanced" setting that would enable it for betas as well? This would also tend to keep more people using the latest beta.

As for the notifications, I don't know what's going on, but they're not going into spam since I've created an exception for them. I'll try a different address.

This is how it has been coded.

However, conceptually it comes about as close to a "bug" as you can get.

Finished torrents are certainly neither Seeding nor Downloading.

Unfinished stopped torrent are also neither.

is not a bug, and is not badly implemented, there are 2 kind of torrents, the ones u are seeding, and the ones u are downloading

what u want is a new category that adds currently downloading and currently seeding, i can see that, but as it is now? seeding and downloading? it is just fine

finished counts as potential seed, in fact if u are downloading only 1 torrent and it finishes? it switch automatically to seeding status, or let me guess, u never saw it as seeding cauze as soon as it finishes u stop it?

I think it's been so long since I've seen the autoupdater work that I forgot. I guess I tend to see the updates listed for download before it gets a chance to work. It's with the betas though that it would be most useful, since they outnumber releases probably by 20 to 1. Perhaps an optional "Advanced" setting that would enable it for betas as well? This would also tend to keep more people using the latest beta.

As for the notifications, I don't know what's going on, but they're not going into spam since I've created an exception for them. I'll try a different address.

I think it would make sense to notify people already using the Beta when there's a newer Beta version.

Archived