µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the port column is not shown in the peer list, right-click on the header and check "port".

If the port is blank for a particular peer, it means we don't know the peer's listening port yet because the peer connected to us and we haven't learned its listening port through some other mechanism like the tracker's peer list yet.

IDoSI: You can turn it on, and I think it was turned off by default by mistake.

dAbReAkA: Legacy mode turns off encryption completely and REFUSES incoming encrypted connections.

jroc: probably Disabled for now, unless you're explicitly testing the encryption.

Quite frankly, I think peer exchange should be turned off by default. I think it is good to know what group you are sharing with instead of just anyone outside the sites you belong to who wants to leech.

IDoSI: You can turn it on' date=' and I think it was turned off by default by mistake.

dAbReAkA: Legacy mode turns off encryption completely and REFUSES incoming encrypted connections.

jroc: probably Disabled for now, unless you're explicitly testing the encryption.[/quote']

Quite frankly, I think peer exchange should be turned off by default. I think it is good to know what group you are sharing with instead of just anyone outside the sites you belong to who wants to leech.

Quite frankly, I think centralized trackers--and especially private trackers--should be abolished. Only DHT and PeX should be left for communicating peers to each other. In the world of p2p, everything should readily be shared to and with all who wants it.

Agreed 100% with Firon's position: I'm a moderator on a private tracker, and I tell users not to turn DHT off (haven't had one asking about PEX yet, but I'd give the same answer) in their clients, because it can be useful for other torrents besides those on our tracker. Let the torrent (if need be, as modified by the tracker upon submission) determine the privacy setting.

IDoSI: You can turn it on' date=' and I think it was turned off by default by mistake.

jroc: probably Disabled for now, unless you're explicitly testing the encryption.[/quote']

Quite frankly, I think centralized trackers--and especially private trackers--should be abolished. Only DHT and PeX should be left for communicating peers to each other. In the world of p2p, everything should readily be shared to and with all who wants it.

Then people like me with low internet speeds will never be able to complete downloads of >100MB... No one will seed.

Using 425 here, I am trying out the new 'category list' feature.

I noticed that a torrent that completed didn't automatically move itself to the 'seeding' category while 'downloading' category was on-screen, I had to re-select 'downloading' to make it go away.

This is a minor quibble, but should be corrected one day.

Huh.. [12:35:09] Error opening Windows firewall: 0x800706D9

That service is currently 'stopped' but in manual mode on my computer so if it's an emergency it can be re-started. (But I wouldn't want it re-started for no reason, there's a crappy router firewall here.)

I notice in logger the bug where you select 'verbose' logging and then try to uncheck it, doesn't work, is still there.

Archived