µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@evo|: We already know from your previous post that you're tired of betas, and rafi's response is perfectly correct... The betas are perfectly stable, contrary to what the name might imply. There's no big problem with using the betas...

I haven't had real issue's, but one things still annoy me.

[02:03:46] IpFilter blocked peer 192.168.1.1

Still tries to connect to my own external IP. (should be in the bugtracker somewhere)

But, uTorrent is how all apps should. I know a lot who try to be, but, never as stable. How does Ludde do it???

- Change: Tracker connections obey max_halfopen/max_connections

Hm... that change is a few builds old, but I just thought about it right now, and was wondering... is DHT considered a tracker, and get limited in the same way? And if not, would it be a major issue (for DHT-performance) if the number of connections got limited, or would it just make DHT announces take a little more time to return results?

problem with not being stable release yet, is the many many people that only use stables (i only see 1 or 2 beta users on every torrent i join), and then header encryptions would be real real helper when going 1.5 stable even just for turning on PEX :P:)

It's important, that why i keep asking. I'm sorry Icedog and Rafi, but unless Firon or Ludde tell me to shut up, I will raise the issue at least once every 5 betas. :o

No need to double-post. Please. And you raising that point every 5 betas isn't going to help get it out of beta state any faster, so I'm not sure why you're saying you will continue to say it. It's just like a little kid in a car going to an amusement park with his parents and saying "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" every five minutes. It'll be out when it's done (and they'll be there when they get there in the example I gave). Unless you want a half-baked product (and in the case of the example, stop at a rest-stop rather than the fun fun fun amusement park).

Summary: We get the point. Bringing it up over and over won't make it get released any faster.

there's no need to patronize me, Ultima, you're not a moderator. None of you are, so be quiet. You guys are acting like your word is the be all end all. What are you Ludde's keeper ? I think he or a moderator can speak for themselves and I'm sure they will when they see all this flame-bait. I think this will be my last visit to the forums if this is how it's going to be, because this place is ending up like neowin already.

Can you point out where I treated you condescendingly?

It's just like a little kid in a car going to an amusement park with his parents and saying "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" every five minutes.

There is no need to liken me to a child. I'm a 30 year old developer, I was having a little fun by making a papa smurf joke, and i've already had like 6 posts attacking me. Drop it.

Archived