µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a bug

When i use superseeding de connection to a azareus client will fail after 10 - 15seconds

When i use seeding its no problem , i can upload 150kB/s for hours to the Azereus client. I dont know if the encryptie and superseed mode can work together?

Azareus was a 2307

My 418 was enabled always without legacy

If the other client sends it for some particular reason, apparently yes.

isnt that like... cheating? :P

it is an old torrent, but i never got it to "start" it, so it couldnt have cached data

and BTW, this is a different torrent than another that was giving me those same behavior, but perhaps in the other could have been cached data indeed

I'm using the 418 build, and I must say I find it annoying meeting a µTorrent 141B client in the peers list, getting an E flag usually in combination with H and/or X and that client does not want to send or receive anything to me.

Maybe it's because they don't know how to configure their firewall or something.. but the nonencrypted ones work fine..

Won't know for sure what the problem is until more people start using it.

Does anyone else with a 10+Mbit connection feel throttled by this encryption? I don't ever seem to upload faster than 500kB/s, while I can do 1500kB/s with BitComet. My university ISP filters p2p packets, so I can't test what speeds would be like without the encryption in µTorrent.

Maybe my computer is just too slow. 2.4GHz P4, 256MB RAM.

2 files in download, 3 slot per file setting, upload speed limit at 16 (total up line speed = 32, so not capped): 12 total slots opened by utorrent with with "queue.dont' count slow upload" set at false. Usually setting to false decreased the number of opened slots, it seems has no effect.

Doesn't they seem too many to you? 16 KB/12 slot= 1.3KB average upload speed per slot

You just completely misunderstood what that setting means, skynetman. It doesn't increase or decrease the number of slots, it increases the maximum active number of downloading or uploading torrents if one isn't seeing enough traffic to justify using up an active spot.

The setting you're wanting is on the Torrent Options page. It's called Use additional upload slots if upload speed < 90%.

Does anyone else with a 10+Mbit connection feel throttled by this encryption? I don't ever seem to upload faster than 500kB/s, while I can do 1500kB/s with BitComet. My university ISP filters p2p packets, so I can't test what speeds would be like without the encryption in µTorrent.

Maybe my computer is just too slow. 2.4GHz P4, 256MB RAM.

A few weeks ago i was able to seed with 5.231,2 kB/s on a 100 MBit connection

without encryption (uTorrent 1.3)

Ramrod

Archived