Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

You have to restart the torrent, not the client.

Also, it only affects outgoing connections. You always accept encrypted incoming connections, and it's not possible to disable.

I can see the flood of less savvy internet users starting already.

Although this is no good for firon... it does mean that µtorrent is picking up some huge popularity ! Welcome AOL'ers !!! :D:o

Heh I think the changelog needs to write diskio.read_cache_size, not diskio.read_queue_size. For a second, I thought ludde actually took my *useless* advice =P

Earlier today I was connected to a beta 1.41 user on Rogers, and the user was uploading at 40k/s to me.. This is with an E flag turned on.

I don't know which port the user was on (i.e. were we both on 1720) but it's a good sign!

Actually no Firon.. I'm still able to dl at near 300 k/s on a populated torrent and my u/l is unaffected, and this is with unencrypted clients.

So if they're stopping 1720, it must be on a per client or per geographic region basis, and mine hasn't been reached yet.

Yeah I'd assume that Firon was talking about the places that are throttled when he said that they have all their ports throttled now.

Rogers only throttles on some areas, it seems to be rather inconsistent. The port 1720 trick (as well as all other ports) don't work in many areas now, but in some do. I guess you got lucky...

Thanks for the quick IO cache disk read whatever name crash bug fix :)

Hey, this was my first crash with µTorrent since the beginning. Well done :)

"use additional upload slots if...." has too high responsiveness: it opens even 4-6 slot almost simultaneously.

U should set a limit to the number of slots that can be opened in upload to 1 per 10 seconds for every torrent IF ABOVE the slot number limit, else new clients steal bandwidth from existing ones.

If u look at peer list ordered by upload speed u'll see what i mean.

Could someone in the know answer this for me: If I'm using the read cache feature and my statistics show it as being 33% effective, does that mean that 1/3 of all my uploading from this session has come from the cache?

"use additional upload slots if...." has too high responsiveness: it opens even 4-6 slot almost simultaneously.

U should set a limit to the number of slots that can be opened in upload to 1 per 10 seconds for every torrent IF ABOVE the slot number limit, else new clients steal bandwidth from existing ones.

If u look at peer list ordered by upload speed u'll see what i mean.

it works fine with me, the only times i see more than my 3 upload slots is when a new client opened a slot and the other one is closing

Could someone in the know answer this for me: If I'm using the read cache feature and my statistics show it as being 33% effective, does that mean that 1/3 of all my uploading from this session has come from the cache?

IINM, it means that 33% of your Read Cache is being used...someone correct me if I'm wrong. :|

Maybe I am wrong and did not read carefully enough but why is PE not on "enabled" by default?

This PE function sure gives us very high speeds when connected to peers having PE enabled.

I love µtorrent!! Now let's hope that the whole world wil turn to use PE as soon as possible. Preferably with µtorrent!

By the way: I have no problems whatsoever with v 1.4.1 Beta build 419.

Tonne: all clients can accept encrypted connections, even with it set to disabled. It only controls -outgoing- connections.