µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous. I got 25 hashfails (103.9 MB) when downloading a 4.45 GB torrent. This has never happened before. That's 2.33% wasted data. That is not acceptable. With beta 425, I had less than 0.1% wasted data each torrent.

P.S. Each piece is 4 MB.

I'm redownloading a similar torrent now. With 1.1 GB downloaded, only 1 hashfail of 4 MB. Looks better now. Must've been errors due to bad peers in the last torrent.

I tried the OpenOffice torrent again this morning.. it went to 42% before it made 2 hash fails (1 each) on the little bitty piece size it uses.. each piece was different, and quickly filled in by someone else.

Maybe later tonight I will try turning off VPN support in the router next to see what happens.

I believe it all comes from one peer.

I believe that it may come from many peers

And back to the hash-fail problem -

My guess is that it has to do with the new the Protocol Header Encryption . I tried to disable it - and it seemed to almost totally eliminate the hash-fails !!!

I suggest that you guys, do the same and report back here.

My theory is - that one of the Az or uT versions (either the current ones or an older one, like uT B426...) might be causing the problem. So, even if YOU are OK, you may be effected by the other side.

So, help the swarm and report back!!!

I'm just interested in speedy downloads. Hush fails - slow things down. *IF* they are due to a bug - my interest is to fix this bug. If not - we can live with that. It looks like there were reports of increasing fails lately, and we are talking beta AND a new protocol implementation (PE). It is best to get rid of such bug ASAP (before it spreads! ...)

Dude' date=' your share ratios suck! Seed more after you've finished downloading! Don't be a leech![/quote']

my share ratios dnot suck Uploaded 1.34 TB (3.45 GB/Day)

Downloaded 1.19 TB (3.06 GB/Day)

Share ratio 1.126 and i seed 24 hour 7

I downloaded several torrents last night, and got 6 hashfails on one, 0 on the rest. And these were just last night, since b427 came out I've downloaded several others and got very few or no hashfails.

I don't think there's any bug (I have PE on and coalesce writes on), I think you guys are just on crappy torrents. :P Or there's screwed up peers on them.

I downloaded several torrents last night, and got 6 hashfails on one, 0 on the rest. And these were just last night, since b427 came out I've downloaded several others and got very few or no hashfails.

I don't think there's any bug (I have PE on and coalesce writes on), I think you guys are just on crappy torrents. :P Or there's screwed up peers on them.

Why don't you try some DLing from a public tracker (I know u don't like it...) . You might find that more people there, and more peers (~3000-4000 for some torrents). SO the chance to get stuff from a peer with a buggy version (?) is bigger there.

Archived