µTorrent 1.4.2 beta 435

Firon

I'm not likening you to a child. It was just a hypothetical example I picked from out of the air. I could've chosen any other example -- that one was just one that popped into my head at the time. I'm not sure why you're getting offended, but I'm going to drop this convo as you are.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Change: Tracker connections obey max_halfopen/max_connections

Hm... that change is a few builds old, but I just thought about it right now, and was wondering... is DHT considered a tracker, and get limited in the same way? And if not, would it be a major issue (for DHT-performance) if the number of connections got limited, or would it just make DHT announces take a little more time to return results?

DHT is UDP, so it doesn't have half-open connections (pure UDP is stateless) and there is no real need to limit it the same way as TCP (though some limit should apply for slow computers, pre-w2k systems and people with poor network hardware). I would guess that there is some other limit applied for UDP connections than for TCP connections.

I think - the "concept" of similar symbols (all within those squares) is looking nice at first, but it makes it harder to differentiate between MOST status symbols.

Edit:

just a thought - maybe all the internal symbols should just be painted black instead of white ?anyways, they can always be replaced by your own skins...

dont like the status symbols either. at first they look cool for sure.

but allways have to "search" for the 100% files in the "done" categorie now. not from the symbols :S

also i allways freak out about the "cant connect to server but still downloading good" weird red "alert" symbol.

but i guess it will be all "nice" and finished symbols in the 1.5 version ;)

i like how he playes with different setting tho. like lil change here lil change there to see what works out best.

and that we all can participate in it and giving our 2 cents to it, so he can find a consense :)

only weird thing is that theese "betas" doesnt feel like betas. if you know what i mean :)

i really appretiate this lil friggn awesome program , allthough iam still on the "not found the easter egg" side :(

sorry for all the smilies.. i like to smile tho

z00z0: looks like you're not on b432. :P

Thanks for the update! :) I can confirm the categories are fixed. Great job there!

Ps: As i remember this was the first time i missed an update ("just a minor update... bla... bla... i just rather skip it"), and there you have it, the bug that bugged me so much is killed in there. I've learned my lesson :D

I didn't read all 40 pages of the thread, but (and maybe it's just me), this build connects to less people (even though it finds the same amount of peers) and is slower to download than previous builds. Especially fast (and connecting) is build 427. I'm not sure why.

Weird. I haven't really noticed any difference though, so I dunno. it may be the fact that it respects the net.max_halfopen setting with regards to trackers, so it might be a little slower to connect since tracker connections actually use up half-open slots.

the RSS downloader found the file I set up a filter for, but it didnt download it.. but its in the history.

"[02:18:35] Unable to load "blablabla.torrent"!" is the error message in the logger.

it doesnt even work when I click on the release in the RSS-downloader manualy!

what is going wrong?

I've downloaded the .torrent file from the tracker site and added it into µT the old fashion way. no problem.

it may be the fact that it respects the net.max_halfopen setting with regards to trackers, so it might be a little slower to connect since tracker connections actually use up half-open slots.

May be it is a good idea to check this change. I had this set to 50 (ages ago) and seems to get not more then 1-10 in the statistics. may be just a coincident ? you might want to try an older version and have a look at this # at run-time.

Archived