getting the same error for all torrents

tuneman

i try to open a torrent, utorrent opens, and the error message "unable to load (filenam).torrent!"

this happens for all torrent files.

Are you trying to open torrents straight from a webpage, or are you downloading the torrent to your drive and trying to open it from there? Have you tried checking the torrents through TorrentSpy?

i try to open a torrent' date=' utorrent opens, and the error message "unable to load (filenam).torrent!"

this happens for all torrent files.[/quote']

Are you trying to open torrents straight from a webpage, or are you downloading the torrent to your drive and trying to open it from there? Have you tried checking the torrents through TorrentSpy?

ya i tried both, i got the unable to load error when trying to dl them and then open them. ya but for some reason none of the ones on torrentspy worked. now however, i am having trouble with the speeds. i havent gone through the post on how to improve you speed, but i am worried it has something to do with my college network.

Probably... and seeing as how you're on their network, there's not much you can do about configuring the router/firewall. I guess you can try out PE (protocol encryption) when it becomes more widespread. It's new and in beta test, so there's going to be fewer people using it -- thus, I'm not sure how much it'll help you, for now at least.

hmmmm ok so i found out that after 4 or 5 hours of going nowhere, the downloas rate shoots up very quickly. i thought what i had dl'ed was a .iso file, however, dameon tools will not open it up. it says that it is a .loaded life? how do i install this type of file?

Archived