RSS File Renaming for Single / Multi-File Torrents

jyopp

Right now, you can see the extended information for an episode as it's formatted on the RSS Feed, especially for sites like TVTorrents (Their feed doesn't officially work; I wrote a PHP script to downconvert the RSS 2.0 to RSS 0.91).

It would make a huge difference to allow Automatic (Favorites-Based) RSS Downloads to be auto-named according to RSS Name, Episode, Format, keeping file extension. Especially because right now, when a file is downloaded from RSS, you're basically stuck with the torrent filename for all eternity, or when seeding completes (whichever is sooner).

The feature would need a regular-expression type (not necessarily RegExp) replacement string to define the output filename. Eg, "scrubs.508.pdtv-lol.avi" would be named, using the pattern "\1 \4x\5 - \2 (\3)" and information from the RSS Feed, as "Scrubs 05x08 - My Big Bird (PDTV).avi". With the pattern "\1\\Season \4\\Episode \5-\2", It would be "Scrubs\Season 05\Episode 08-My Big Bird.avi"

Obviously, if it's a multi-file download, then it should go into a directory with a similarly-defined name. AudioGrabber has a good example of how to implement the naming setup:

naming.png

With this feature, My PC would truly begin to approach the TiVo's ease-of-use.

Archived