API Trackers & Peers.

sasha_gu

At best, you'll find the peer cache in the "peers6" key for each torrent in resume.dat. IINM, peers are stored in IPv6 format (18 bytes each, I think? Can't remember clearly). Monitoring resume.dat wouldn't be a good idea though, especially considering the frequency with which µTorrent writes to it.

... uT bloats resume.dat on-close now!! Is stale peer data actually useful?

I don't see what problem READING resume.dat would have, as long as it's not exclusively locked, even the backup can be used. Every 30 seconds isn't that often... compared to the other polling mechanisms in the client

If it takes forever for the application to decode resume.dat, it can be a problem. And even then, the application has little idea when µTorrent will next update the file, so it's not like it can attempt to avoid µTorrent's writes while it's reading. Well, unless it's checking timestamps, predicting decoding times, and what have you (yuck). Considering the fact that the backup file is written to every time resume.dat is written to, I'd say that reading the backup file makes not one bit of difference with regards to update "oftenness" either.

... point taken. So it makes less sense to me to add even more stuff in there, but I missed that last round of comments, so I'll concentrate on looking forward to more data being pushed out the WebUI backend and not worry about the contents of resume.dat.

So the answer sasha_gu, if they're going that route is to copy either .DAT file, decode it and don't mess with it. All one-way operations >:D

I' not sure you'll get any answer when trying to ask how they display the data... Is there a function which just says "populate LISTVIEW"? The controls are custom listviews, but still listviews.

"ExtTextOutW" from "gdi32.dll" :)

Help! what charset is used by this function?

I almost decided a problem, can get information from General Tab, Peers, Trackers and all fields in list of torrents :) in my version of WebUI .. And adding File with a full dialog using WinAPI.

I hope these possibilities will be realized in the near future

Archived