Auto-import torrents according to Labeled subdirectory

flacseeds

what if you could put subdirectories in your auto-import folder, and then the torrents are imported with a Label equal to the name of the subdirectory. This is similar to how it outputs torrents with persistent Labels to the appropriate subdirectory in the completed folder. This would go well with the Label-wide torrent properties previously suggested

for an explanation of why this is important, I use a remote desktop to access my torrent server, and just ftp the torrent files to the import directory.

after I ftp them, I need to go in with the remote client and set all the labels manually. this takes a loooong time when youre running remote. theoreticall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I see people requesting this or similiar almost daily in the Feature request forum (post moved due to previously requested), however nothing on the plan to implement it as far as I can see..... Wouldn't this be a quite simple feature to implement (without too much work)? Since so many people want it, some feedback from admins on whether they think it will be implemented in the future would be good.

• 1 year later...

I need this feature along with the possibility to add multiple labels.

Right now i have to assign all my single tracker torrents a label which looks something like:

Tracker - Platform - Category

It would be nice to be able to regex the titels and tracker names and match it to labels.

Maybe the ability to autocreate labels from the data extracted with the regex?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd eat a drunk's liver for this, guys. I really need the ability to auto-label torrents from my watch folder so that I can make use of the "append torrent's label" option for moving completed downloads. It would really complete the cycle for any number of automated setups.

This is the one weak spot of utorrent right now - the ability to label or otherwise denote automatically imported torrents from the watch folder. Honestly this seems like it should be a relatively quick hit. I'd pay for this feature to be implemented. Please, please, please!

• 6 months later...

This would be an excellent feature to add. Like someone else said, I add all my torrents via the watched folder feature in conjunction with Dropbox. I don't want to have to log on to webui every time to change a label. With 99% of the torrents I download, the automatic rules would be fairly simple to implement.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

<bump> +1 This would be great.

I've just upgraded from 1.8.3 (required by a private tracker) to 3.3 and am surprised and disappointed to find that the directory handling hasn't improved - it's been downgraded!

Multi-labels may be a useful feature - but not worth the cost of removing the 'append label to path' feature for completed torrents. Must have broken thousands of people's automated processing when you did that ... :-/.

Archived