Loaded similar torrent, same files - now completed % dropped!!

Xe

OK so I loaded another similar torrent file thinking I could get extra trackers from it. But instead of asking me if I wanted add the trackers to the torrent that was already downloading. it just opened a new torrent started downloading and used the same directory and files as the first torrent. Then it re-checked the torrent and now both say ~40% where as the original torrent was 90% complete. Now what ever I try I cant get back to 90% complete. Has this 2nd torrent deleted 50% of my downloaded files?

Is there anyway to check, or get back to my 90% complete torrent? I have tried to explain this the best I could, not sure of the correct terminology. Really appreciate any help as torrent is 25 gig and taken ages to almost download and I messed it up :/

It auto saved there.

Just checked the recycle bin and found one of the old files in there. So I restored it and re-checked it, and now the files is reloaded and I'm up to 50% complete now. But where did the other files go?

My setup is as following:

Main torrent download dir

inside that I have a +Torrent folder with all incomplete files and torrents. When they are complete they are automatically moved to the main torrent directory.

Not sure what happened. But I deleted all torrents, loaded the original torrent, and still my completed % is 50%. So somehow a whole bunch of stuff that I already downloaded has just vanished, except for one of the files that I found in the recycle bin and restored it. Which got me from 40% to 50%.

Archived