Major Download Speed Problem and no Network Connection Icon

in_cog_we_trust

Hi, I'm new to utorrent and this whole downloading business and a week ago I started a download that is now at 98.9% and all of a sudden it decides to stop - how about the luck eh? Both download and upload have been going at less than 1kbs and even when it was going good, it never reached about 40kbs.

There is no network connection icon on the status bar, and it says "DHT: Waiting to log in" or "DHT: 0 nodes (Login)". Also, in the Tracker tab, DHT status reads "waiting for announcement". I have no Seeds or Peers and availability is less than 1. My PC is connected by a wireless connection to the main computer which is connected to a router (Wireless-G ADSL router BIPAC 7402G).

I've made exceptions and almost everything other forums have said to do. Ports are forwarded correctly.

Is it possibly that the tracker is down?

Any help would be great.

Hey Switeck

I've tried all the links in your signature already. Nothing works.

It looks like it's getting an extremely small amount of connection. The speed line graph says that it is anyway. Less than 0.1kbs both upload and download.

I'm new to this torrent business and don't know what binding uTorrent to my wireless LAN ip means. Could you please explain and give me a step my step instruction?

Much appreciated, at least I'm getting somewhere.

I tried binding uTorrent to the IP address and still no effect.

I've used FAQs and guides from this site and heaps of others. Nothing seems to work.

What could be the reason for there being no visible Network Connection Icon in the Status Bar?

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling uTorrent. So it doesn't appear to be a problem with uTorrent.

Nope. There is no icon. Where the icon should be, there is just the gray of the status bar. Also, where those pictures say "DHT: 4 nodes" mine says "DHT: 0 nodes(Login)" or "DHT: Waiting to long in"

Well when the download was actually working, ports were forwarded correctly. But lately, with this issue, I restart my computer, check that ports are forwarded correctly, and they are. Then maybe 10 minutes later, I test again and they aren't forwarded correctly anymore.

I thought maybe the problem I'm having could be to do with the tracker temporarily being down. But I've attempted to download from other trackers but that makes no difference. Still doesn't download. So it couldn't be a problem with the tracker and it doesn't seem to be a problem with the ports.

This link shows what I mean by no network icon: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/dashpb1/utorrent.jpg

There is also another computer which receives internet connection via a firewire cable from my computer. I downloaded uTorrent on that computer and attempted to download with uTorrent on that computer. It said I was connected to 1 peer and that was the other computer. I don't know if this helps at all or if it's just useless information. But it can't hurt.

"My PC is connected by a wireless connection to the main computer which is connected to a router (Wireless-G ADSL router BIPAC 7402G)."

Seems that you are double NATed. You have to forward your port with your IP to the PC you are connected, and that port with the IP of that PC to the router.

So incomming connections go from the router to the PC to your PC.

I don't know about all the rest of that stuff, but all of a sudden I turned my PC on and I now have the red network icon saying "Listen error : you should change the listen port" and checked other forums and am now a little uncertain about what to do.

I've changed my ports and lowered the firewalls. The only security programs that are in use are AVG 8 Free, Windows Defender and Windows Firewall.

edit

I've just discovered that if I change the net.bind_ip to an IP that is not valid, then I get the red network icon. But if I do set it as a valid IP then the red icon completely disappears again like before.

edit

When I start uTorrent up, it first shows the yellow network icon. Then after 20 seconds the whole icon disappears the reappears again later. It keeps doing that.

Archived