Official Thank You thread

silverfire

Simple, THANK YOU one and all for making this happen. Fairly new to this but able to learn so much from all..... THANKS ....... have been reading loads of threads and Azureus comes up a lot...... so I had to give it a go.... and surprise surprise.... it is Junk, like so many have said.. I AM LOYAL TO THIS ONE ONLY... NOTHING ELSE COMES CLOSE... thanks

To verify the difference i tried the same file with same number of seeds and peers on Azureus and µtorrent.

Azureus gave me a whooping down speed of 23kB/s.....Wow!

µtorrent just shocked me... 40kB/s.....Whew!

that explains all!

i just cant stop myself thanking µtorrent. it is a splendid work!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank You!

I have been using uTorrent for years and the one thing that I find most refreshing is the lack of "Shove everything down ones throat" policy of most software. Frion and crew concentrates on the core and utilities the best overall tactics around.

I keep asking myself "whats next". I am on the beta side and have been ever since I found out about it (not that hard or secret).. and I've not looked back.

MSFT based software always makes me cringe and I am ALWAYS surprised and the 1000's of threads I see every single day about problems here, problems there. I cannot fathom why ppl are having so many issues. UTorrent works as advertised every time for me, no questions asked no bitches or complaints, it works period.

I think that this is a great thread b/c even for my optimistic attitude towards uTorrent, I get depressed reading over over over the same problems, 99.9% of them can be resolved if for the love of ones deity they would just RTFM. I think we would see more "great"...

I also know that negative reviews always generate more postings than positive reviews, so I honestly do try to come up w/ some type of "issue", but darnit Frion, I just can't. No matter how many times I can screw up my uTorrent, I can always return w/ a fresh copy (hey d/led from uTorrent, what a novel concept eh?) and start again, and as usual, it just works... frankly I'm getting concerned, WHY does it work so well? Why ME??? Are you singling me out? How come I can't get my firewall to say uTorrent is malware? PG2 block list? Everything freaking works... :)

Nope, no complaints, not from me. In fact, I'm somewhat curious to know what is going on w/ the general direction of uTorrent? And maybe once a quarter or something the wonderful creators can come out w/ a general "vision" (oh gawd college is kicking in, sorry, drink more beer) and release it to the wild...

I'm wondering what 3rd party apps are available for uTorrent? Plugins? Is this the future of uTorrent? Has anyone recently d/led Azurus? I can't freaking believe how HUGE that program is now and so MUCH WASTED CODING on CRAP. This right here is my why I love uTorrent. I can d/l a small file, get it up and running and for me, blam, it just works. I don't have gig's of wasted coding on petty imbeded vieo players, imbeded audio players, built in this built in that...

So, Frion and et al, what is the general future of uTorrent. B/c I'm a believer and I'm a follower of this program. If you ever need a helping hand or some other type of "alpha tester", hell, I would consider it an honor to sign up for that!

Anyway... thanks for a great program, now go make some improvements! Wait, darnit, they don't need too!!! har har har :)

I'm stunned! How do you do it?

I've been using Azureus for a couple of years, and thought it was "it". Then, yesterday afternoon it told me it needed to update itself, did so, and then gave me a BSOD. A couple more BSODs later, I decided enough was enough, and asked Mr Google what other torrent programmes there are. Well!!! I just removed Azureus from my machine.

µTorrent is tiny, faster, works flawlessly, and even comes with an FAQ. Full marks, and thank you.

You're developers of high competence, that much is obvious, and you even have a keen sense of what constitutes usability. Thanks!

This is just weird too, I never thought about visiting an applications forum just to thank them, and for the one application where the thought popped into my mind, there is a thread with over 400 posts. Did you use some subliminal messaging? It would fit right into your minimalistic ways ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I thought I should drop by, and say thank you to all at utorrent. I am not PC literate, I am 63 yrs young, and going through the learning curve. Did a lot of reading first, and I have just had my first experience lol, successful too, got to do a bit more reading to see how I can do my bit. eg: How long do I give back etc. Any assistance I will welcome. Kind regards to all.

A the risk of repeating every other post in this thread - uTorrent RULES! Keep up the good work :D and thanks a LOT.

Ive never even had a problem with the earliest betas. unbeatable.

@Firon - i cant see the message in the patterns but I've found the uTris :) keeps me entertained. How do u fit it all in such a small file :P

(and no, i havnt read the post on how to type the special u... I'll look for that now.)

Archived