Official Thank You thread

silverfire

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to send my thanks for the newest uT 2.0 it is the best so far. I'm now getting good speed thanks to the new speed setup and port forwarding, thanks so much for adding that. I'm on a wireless celluar broadband in the Philippines and I've always had problems getting the port forwarded and obtaining any good speed. Now I'm running around 100 kbs, great for here when I was getting no more than 20 kbs with older versions. Thanks again for all your devoted work on this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm still around Firon. ;) I don't have time for forums and such anymore (I'm always busy as hell) but I still try to keep myself up to date with the software releases.

Anyways, great job with uTorrent, guys. This is one of the few bullet-proof programs out there, it just never fails me. Amazing!

I just switched over from Bit-Comet.

:D

WOW sure glad I did. Wife and kids were constantly complaining about how much band width I was suckin down. Now Ican surf the net, check E-mail, and more while the wife does also and still be up-down loading torrents.

There are not enough thanks in the world for the u-torrent development team!

I gota go read that post on how to type {u}.

now all I have to do is learn how to do all the things that I want to do.....

absolutely fabulous people keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks, Ive used another client for many years (starts with a A or V) and the latest update caused me all sorts of grief. I got rid of it and installed a slightly earlier version, then had all sorts of NAT and dload speed dramas. Over the years I got reasonable at making the settings work but this time to no avail. Used revo and regedit to get rid of the lot.

Wow uTorrent worked out of the box better than the other ever did. What a great little piece of software, thank you very much.

You may now be seated

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, thank you for all the time we cooperated, but right now i'm fed up. I'm swiching to Bit-torrent, since μ torrent has crappy speeds. i tried almost anything described here to improve my speed, but nothing. speeds kept on running at 0.5 kb/s (my connection is @ 24mbps). Right now, a specific torrent that i was downloading with μ torrent with 1.2kb, with bit torrent is downloading at 960kb.

what a pitty...i used to love μtorrent

You realize that BitTorrent is the same exact client, right? :P It's literally the same code, but with the name of the client changed.

Reset your settings (deleting settings.dat.* will do it) and that'll basically do the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived