silverfire

i doubt any of you developers read the Thank you thread,

reading THANK YOU over and over again could sound boring

and so you may not read it at all. :D lol

but i want to thank you anyhow especially for uTorrent 1.5

because its the best piece of software and especially

best client ever made.

excellent job.

Lol... I think so too that it would be hard to read every thank you. Well anyway, I really thank utorrent developers especially for the new 1.5 version. It has a real nice GUI interface and still is as small and ram-free as ever.

Something else that is great about the utorrent development is that it deals greatly with harshfails (which were most likely the reason for the 99% errors) and it doesn't have much wasted partial file contents as it was before.

uTorrent sure rules out to be number one torrent client....

hahaha ...HARSHFAILS :D lmao (you mean HASHFAIL)

actually without going off topic i found that if i set 2 Slots

i rarely get hashfails, setting to 3 slots i get hashfails at any upload speed.

my upload is 128K aka 16kb/s and i limit my upload to 10kb/s.

happends with every client i try so its not really uTorrent problem.

I know that not all the developers may get to read all these comments, however I'll feel better knowing I've said my peace. I just want to say thanks for such a highly detailed application. I understand that a lot of people may have difficulty getting it started, or getting the correct settings, but this is the only bit torrent client I've seen that's challanged people to actually want to get the most efficient settings for downloading/uploading.

I would also like to thank the moderators and community of this forum, so thank you!

Hi yet another Thank You!

Wow we finally got a high speed internet connection at school, but we weren't able to install any torrent managers to download torrents since all of the rest would need administrator permission to install. This would of course not be granted by our teacher, but one of my friends discovered this little gem. Within a single day 90% of all the final years are already using it. Personally, at home, I uninstalled my old client and replaced it with this no fuss no nonsense beautiful piece of programming skill. Since we are mostly computer programmers ourselves we can appreciate the beauty within this software. I thought it would be only fair if I can thank you on behalf of our students! Well Done. It would be great if all future programs can be like this. One file, what you see is what you get nothing hidden everything that is needed is easily available and bugger the rest!

Long live utorrent!

"Astounding application, so small, tiny, fast, simplistic, yet so powerful, capable, and beautiful."

Only ~200kb, ~5mb real memory usage, and yet it has all the features of the other incredibly bloated BitTorrent clients out there. Really, the design put into this, the carefuleness, the polishing and the careful planning of every piece continues me to astound and somehow deeply both counfound and spellbound me with its beautiful proggramming.

thank you Ludvig Strigeus

let me add that i have the astounding pleasure of being able to upload 4.5 Gb a day now(24hours), whereas azureus would only push 3.6 Gb, i promised to read the FAQ before asking any questions, but to say thanks is why i'm here.

Nice piece of work. µtorrent is the best yet! Oh, the forums here are way better than most other bittorrent clients. Thank you!

(Strangely though, the confirmation email for my new id is junked by hotmail scanner. Just a weird fact.)

What I like about µTorrent:

The size, disk and memory footprint is tiny. On my PC FireFox is taking 73Mb RAM and µTorrent has got 7Mb. CPU usage is low too.

The single exe, no install. Why can't all software be like this?

It's free + No adverts.

It supports DHT so when the tracker is down the torrents still work.

Nice little flag graphics against the peer list!

So mere words are not adequate to express my respect and thanks to the people who have worked hard to bring us this wonderful .exe but here goes: Thank You

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a long time Azureus user but I always hated the high load and recently its been randomly crashing/closing. Finally jumped on utorrent and it was awesome, Loved the familiar interface. Easy to configure options. All i was missing to convince me was a desktop download bar to monitor some specific downloads. Then beta came out. I'm in Love. My new favorite client all around and will probably stay that way for a very long time it seems. No setup, what more can you ask for. Whats java ? gg

Thank you very much. This program is beautiful in every way possible.

I am new to torrents, and NOT a computer geek.

I began downloading stuff with bitcomet. Seemed to work fine, but I noticed my system slowed down when I used it. I figured this was just "normal" for any bit client.

After awhile, I started getting invites to private sites from friends. Most of them wouldn't let me use bitcomet. Not knowing why, and really not caring why...as I am more concerned with the client itself and not the BS so many people like to get caught up in...I said whatever and tried Azuerus so I could access these sites. Everything again seemed cool, but again my computer locked up a lot.

A friend told me to try uTorrent. I have been using it for a week. I am in total shock. My computer no longer locks up or runs like its bloated. And maybe it's my imagination...but when I am seeding I am getting great transfer rates. My download speed is also consistent with what I should be getting from my broadband connection, even with few seeders.

I have finally found what I believe to be the best client going...uTorrent. I have removed all other clients, and will be using it exclusively. Just want to say thanks to the developers.

Archived