Official Thank You thread

silverfire

• 2 weeks later...

Just writing to say a few words of thanks. I used Azureus for a long time ... over 316 days of uptime ... and one day, I just got sick and tired of all the memory it was using, and I made the switch. Haven't looked back - µTorrent is unbelievable! I'm the kind of person who agonizes over Firefox extensions memory leaks, regedit's and service.msc's all the time to speed things up, and who runs NOD and AdMuncher because they're SMALL.

Suffice to say, µTorrent fits in with my desire to use computing resources efficiently. A little bit of humor: I recently grabbed a set of µTorrent png icons for Y'z dock ... and the zipped set was bigger than the original release of µTorrent! Brilliant guys, keep up the great work.

Something worth noting... Opera is less resource intensive, and generally feels more perky than Firefox for me. And you don't need to worry about extensions and any associated memory leaks, as there are no extensions for Opera (yet it manages to be chock full o' features). I don't mean to make this into a browser war thread, but just noting another option if you worry about application resource usage :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to take the opportunity to say thanks to all who make the uTorrent possible and all who help offer support in the forums, and I must say this one of the best managed forums I have came across in quite awhile. The amount of technical support here is by far and away some of the best I seen. While being relatively new to torrenting the things I learn here prove to be benificial not only for torrents but I find more useful information about networking than on many other sites I go to in general, I never go away from here without learning something new and as of yet a problem without a solution or at least a point in the right direction.

Again many Thanks!

John :)

I just joined this fora today, however, I have been using μTorrent since last September I think.

I want to THANK EVERYONE involved in the operation of μTorrent, it small, it's tight , it works

it ROCKS ! ! ! Have a Happy New Year Everyone and as Tiny Tim says God Bless us Everyone

Thx a lot, you guys shanged my life.

This may sound a bit drammatic, but since I use utorrent my download speed has increased drammatically allowing me to download enough anime to get addicted:P:). I am very thankfull to all you guys for your hard work for this beautifull client.

It is the best client I know because of the good speed, the bare bone perfect interface and the low proccesor and memory usage.

1000x "THX"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

uTorrent is fantastic in terms of efficiency!

It uses so little CPU time and memory while easily keeping my download speeds capped on well seeded torrents.

That and it has a decent amount of features too.

What more can you possibly ask for?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

All hail MicroTorrent! Hip hip hooray!

Until now I'd never really been satisfied by any torrent manager. I used Azureus despite the stability problems I had (and the addons I couldn't get to work), and Bitcomet for DHT for those hard to find peers (despite the ridiculous fault in the video preview function).

Now with µTorrent, the only things I have to worry about are the badly designed msstyles I use making it a strain to read, and the frequency with which I fill up hundreds of gigabytes of hard drive space.

Kinda glad there's no donation avenue, as I'd probably drunkenly send you money I couldn't afford. ;)

Love always, Le Minge. (Formerly Lemming.)

PS. Oh and the scheduling function? BRILLIANT for peeps like me with an off peak period.

Archived