Official Thank You thread

silverfire

Ok, μtorrent runs for 4 weeks STRAIGHT now on my PC without a crash whatsoever.

Thank you guys for this incredibly stable release.

Thanks for a good program.

Oh, and thanks for answering to our questions (stupid and brilliant together).

If I was a programmer I would dream to create s/thing like this ;-)

Well, I can honestly say, that I try the p2p programs as they come out and each time, I go straight back to uTorrent wh? Its simple, its working, and its easy. I don't have to spend an hour going through menu options, its a clean interface and I am so glad that uTorrent is here! Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using this little piece of magic since 1.4...and I guess I've been the luckiest of all of you, guys..I NEVER HAD ONE (and I mean a single one) ISSUE !!!!

my d/l speed is flawless (cool, I am on Cable...) and my up is steady.

So...thank you very very much.

A huge Merci from France

OH HAIL YE GODS!! thank god for the genius' at Utorrent, i've been to hell and back with Limewire, klite,bearshare,frostwire etc and nothing i did ie firewall, replacing gnutella file etc worked. It would get up and running turbo for an hr and thats it!! so i did a google and utorrent came up i downloaded and thought i'd try and download the exact same things on bost utorrent and frost, according to frost i had no internet connection, and utorrent downloaded really fast. so i know what i'm sticking with lol It's so easy to use, clean looking and is perfect for a nooby like me, it even does the seeding for me which had been confusing the heck outta me!! so thank you i'm well impressed!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
How Come That if I want to download a torrent.. that my computer it want's to download with limewire??

it's not always.. but sometimes.. can i turn it off??

right click on the torrent file then open with>choose program...

then click on uTorrent, then put a check on "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" then click OK.. there you go!

EDIT: LOL I forgot what this thread is all about...

MOTHER RUSSIA SALUTES THE DEVELOPERS OF THIS EXCELLENT PROGRAM.

thanks U...tru love for this client materialized when i realized that i need not install it. just put the exe in a USB drive and run it from there...loved boss key...will work on running it as a service..and lots more...was reading posts for so long, that thought why not just join....LOL....

• 2 weeks later...

Do not start a new thread, but I want to post and say Hello. And now I will actually spend the next 10 days finishing reading this thread to get to know you all. Once I have read this whole thread, I might, rabbit, post, unless it's duck season. Good reading, nice answers to actual questions. Nice Forum!, I'm in. Please feel free to let me know, if I go to far. To much. Wrong thread. and a repost.

Like I said, I found this site with MSN. no wait, it was google, or, better I forget, better for me, better for you.

That was my Introduction blab, yes I'm blabbing now, and will just ....end line

• 3 weeks later...

I want to thank you for the newest UTorrent program, v1.8.2. It is successfully bypassing Bell Canada's throttling of my downloads. My speed for DSL has gone from 30 KBs to more than 90-100 KBs during their throttling hours. You guys did a great job. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't start using µTorrent for real until build 0.9.1.2 had come out for the Mac which solved the 100% CPU usage problem I'd seen in the previous few betas. But it's been running for a while now, smooth as silk and with extremely low CPU (2-3% when I checked, with 2 torrents downloading and 3 seeding, using DHT and peer exchange) and especially memory (21MB compared to the well over 100MB Azureus was using) usage.

So thank you guys! No nonsense, no frills, just a small, fast and powerful BT client which runs on Macs... great stuff :)

Archived