Official Thank You thread

silverfire

I do not do this very often but I signed up just to thank the creators and the supporters of this program. This is the best client I have seen by far. I must entirely agree with the user below that stated he or she can now uninstall Azureus and get his his or her computer back. I have wanted to uninstall Azuerus for something that uses less memory for a LONG time!

Just showin' some love <333

Thank you for the pleasure of being able to uninstall Azureus and get back my computer's resources so I can do other things when I'm downloading. For me, there's almost everything I want in a torrent client and things that Azureus didn't have like flushing the file cash and customisable rate menus.

Can't name all the reason's why I enjoy and am forever grateful that you guys have created and are supporting such a fine piece of software, I think M$ could take some lessons! ;)

Any who, thanks a mill for such great pgm. It's such a blast to use and I have truly enjoyed the EXTREMELY small footprint it has! :D

Slim!

Thanks for this great client, it is easily the best I've seen so far. I started using 1.2 a few days ago, and I just want to say that I love this kind of programs: elegant, functional, and to the point.

Compared to Azureus, it's not just the difference in resource usage, but it loads pretty much instantaneously, and you can actually notice that the window is drawn faster (at least I can, maybe I'm some kind of freak). I could swear that this is written in assembly if I didn't know better.

THANK YOU uTORRENT! It is much more stable, better looking, and quicker than BitTornado.

My only beef is that it's not for Linux, which I use as my primary computer... but it's coming soon so I guess I can wait. And it's not Open Source, so someone just can't compile it for Linux...

µTorrent. Fantastic and Unbelievable. 105 KB.

Azureus used to eat up 150MB of my RAM, more if i left it overnight due to memory leakages. Then i changed to Bitcomet, better, but limited features somewhat.

Now, µTorrent looks very promising indeed. Starting all my new torrents in µTorrent. When my old torrents finish at Bitcomet, its going to uninstall-vile... ;-)

Hi, I´m from Brazil and I had to subscribe to this forum to thank the developers.

I should tell some clients (just a few) I used before, but I will only concentrate about how nice (and I can say lovely) is the µTorrent is. As I am owner of a low memory pc O_o, I am always seaching for programs that care about less memory use. As many colleagues said before, it´s incredible how soft and small is this client. And more: generally to have those features, the developers make ugly programs, but again, µTorrent has a nice interface, easy to load, etc.....

I could stay here talking about the advantages of this client, but I´m in the first week of use ^_^

By now, I have to congratulate and thank at the same the genious developers of this client. Keep improving this project and any help you need you can count on me (although by now I don´t know how ^_^)

One more time, THANKS!

Hmm, µTorrent eh... There I was, on mininova and saw this strange named client it was reccomending. I thought "Hey, I've never heard of that.. Im using G3, but lets have a look." and clicked download. Instantly the download was over, and I thought "Hmmm, thats not right. That was too quick. But Im sure mininova would not reccomend rubbish. Well, Im wary, so lets hit Open." and suddenly I was looking at a fully functional, fully configuable, fast, small, brilliant little Torrent client.

I bunged my .torrent into it and instantly my download is at peek rates. Being on aDsl, I had to set my upload to just under it's limit, and to my suprise IT OBEYED !! It didnt ruin my download rates, and didnt ignore my upload limit as almost EVERY bloated peice of junk out there does.

To sum it up... *dances around his monitor* Very Happy with this find, Well done you guys !!! :)

Badwolf.

Awesome software. Thanks a ton, I have been looking for something like this for a long time. A friend turned me onto it so now I am trying to help spread the word! Even the dumbest n00bs should be able to use this. Thanks for taking the time to create an AD-FREE, Spyware-Free, and easily custimizable BitTorrent software. Kudos!!!

I would like to add my thanks.

I was using bittornado for a while, but the memory leaks got to be a pain.

Move on to azureus, very full featured nice client - but java & a huge 80 meg footprint.

Only been using utorrent for a couple of days, seems very efficient so far & damn what a tiny footprint, like 2 meg!!!! :)

Well done.

And even more thanks from me, since I'm using an older pc uTorrent is a blessing. Small, fast, simplicity but still the features you need. Great work!

And also thanks for the faq and forum info about this NAT-error, it helped me as a newbie to solve it and with the upgraded speed I now have, uTorrent is completely awsome! :-)

I cannot grasp how the Developer(s) worked this magic. I'm seriously stunned. Never have I encountered something with such a small impact on my performance while maintaining top line speeds. Right now, I'm at 00 CPU Usage and 4,680K Mem Usage with two torrents running, with solid speeds both up and down. I'm amazed. Thank you. Thank you so much for breaking all the barriers and accomplishing what I've hoped for for years.

Thank you very much for this amazing client. I have no doubt that if it continues in this path it will become the best client in the market. I already converted 4 of my friends to µtorrent.

The samall usage of system resources is just great. I also love the ability to pause all torrent and to resume all torrents.

I'd like to thank all the kind people who offer their support in the forums, and ofcourse a special thank you to the magician who made all of this possible (thanks Ludde).

Hi everbody..

I would like congrats to the creators utorrent!!

Like alot of people here I have used many if not all the other client

with utter disappointment untill.....I got turned onto utorrent.

I must say Im very impressed so far. Ive been using utorrent for a week

now and WOW!!!!

Kudo's to the creators!!!

Please keep up the great work!!

Archived