Official Thank You thread

silverfire

I was using Azureus and someone told me to check out uTorrent. So great! All the needed features and so small size, with Azureus I couldn't play at the same time but with uTorrent I can. I've recommended uTorrent to everyone since then.

Thank you for all your hard work and great holidays to uTorrent team!

Thank you very much for what is the best BT client ever created, IMO.

Please ignore the grumblings of those that want it to become more like BitComet.

A lot of those feature requests have been made because users of private boards are finding that the admins, staff and uploaders want only clients that they can trust to be secure and efficient and BitComet has been banned.

Please don't change what you are doing as you obviously right great code and care about the integrity of the BT community and all it's participants, including those that seed and post new stuff.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

I joined as I simply must join the chorus of thanks!

Wow! In this day and age it is indeed miraculous to find such a comprehensive application created with such care and attention to the environment it will inhabit!

Like many others I assume my path here has been via Azureus & BitComet. They do their respective jobs but in an underwhelming very average kind of way...

To think that this app could actually fit (of course not run) on a Commodore 128 :) Oooooh, blessed are the golden days - and uTorrent harks back indeed and even just for that alone I thank you sincerely!

I used many clients: Azureus, yABC and lately g3torrent an then Rufus. And I thought Rufus is the best for me. And then came utorrent. Which has a very similar interface to Rufus/g3torrent, which I really like. But what convinced me of changing my client was its low CPU and RAM usage. And with every new version it becomes more and more flawless. Thank you guys for programming this small client of perfection. :)

When I joined the torrent world I was introduced to Azureus. I used it until it was banned from my favorite site. They recommended BitComet and I was very reluctant to try it. Quickly I started to like it and soon it was my only client. I have tried Azureus once in a while but it just eats all the resources and I don't even need all the features. A few days ago I was forced to stop using BitComet and to find a new client. µtorrent filled the void and I'm extremely happy.

On my 24/7 torrent machine I was using BitSpirit because that was the only one that had enough features and was light enough to run on my 600MHz VIA Epia CL. I would have used BitComet but it refused to run on my Win98Lite - I think it didn't like the fact that I have removed IE completely. BitSpirit is now banned at one of my favorite trackers so I tried µTorrent and it works great. Light and fast - and doesn't stress the HD too much like BitSpirit does.

Thanks to everyone involved!!!

Utorrent is absolutely amazing.

I've been using Azureus for about a year already, but after using Utorrent just one time I was convinced that it was better. The bloated JAVA interface of Azureus just doesn't cut it anymore (especially on my weak comp). Utorrent is light on the memory and resources and is even FASTER than Azureus.

Keep up the good work, developers.

I have reccomended so many friends to uTorrent and none of them have turned back. BitComet used to be my favourite client because it was coded in C++, but uTorrent completely blows me away (not that BitComet is a bad client though!).

Completely amazed that I can have so many torrents running with little to no effect on system resources. Pure brilliance!

Thank you very much! Also got my Merry Christmas message today.. Merry Christmas to all those involved with uTorrent! :)

-- daza

Archived