Official Thank You thread

silverfire

This soft is so amazing... Why did i use Bitc*met for so long ...

I have a old computer and a slow broadband access... but with µTorrent i can get the most of my connection!

I can even surf, work, listen to music ... and i don't event see the difference...

Thanks you for this wonderful piece of software!

I don't know what just came in with the last Beta version 1.4.1, but oh boy.. It just made wonders..

I have been a µTorrent user for a long time, but there where some files I wanted to get hold of. I tried getting them with µTorrent (1.4 and lower) but eventually gave up. Got bitcomet 0.61 for them and used that to get them. Today I saw the beta release and thought. Why not try downloading the files in µTorrent, that were being downloaded by BC..

Wham.. The results where so good, I am about to uninstall BC.. Bye bye BC.. Dang good work on µTorrent... Just love that program :D

Must say a big thanks to ludde and support crew > Firon (deserves a medal...and cracks me up!), chaosblade, splintax, 1c3d0g, vurlix and silverfire (and others) < for this absolute great client. Sing praises when/where ever I can.

Support, response and release rate is amazing (MS should learn from this! LOL).

Will be breaking out cc for its long overdo!

thx for the ultimate!

I think it's about time to mention a few praises...

I have been using BC for a long time, and was watching the progress of uTorrent development.

As it was adding features (RSS, etc), and getting better and better mainly in performance, I gradually found myself using almost ONLY it.

True, there is still some stuff missing (wider DHT support, Peer Data exchange, uncontrollable self priority) , but it IS now my client of choice. Being able to run it (small footprint, no install...) smoothly on an older and weaker P-III CPU with Win98 on it, and non-English file-names-fonts - is a big plus for me.

Many thanks to the devs and moderators. I'll keep giving you feedback on problems specific to my Win98 platform, hoping you'll keep your support for it. I know, that not many of "us" still arround...

Keep on the good work!

Quick story. I used Azureus, then switched to BitComet (it was hard because everything was different) and I haven't looked back. Now I have switced to uTorrent. (I am still getting to know the program and settings) and I haven't switched 100% testing it out at the moment you might say. But the thing that turned me 100% to uTorrent is the RAM Usage. (I know all of you notice it too) I always press "Mem Usage" twice to list the Mem usage from Higest to Lowest, and normmaly because I wanna check how much BC is uing and now uTorrent is like half-way down there. lol With 2 torrents and its at 5megs :D

The memory usage for me, plus it has all the features of BC plus few extra which I like :D and has now made me turn to uTorrent.

Thank you for a very good program, I do not know how you managed to make it use less RAm while other use like around 15-20 TIMES more RAM.

Thank You :D

Wanted to praise the newly implemented Protocol Encryption. I was a loyal user of µTorrent until I had changed residences, which prevented me from continuing with the same ISP and I had no other choice but to go with Rogers. I was devistated to learn that they filter torrent packets and I was barely getting anything downloaded at speeds greater than one digit. I found a fix that required me to switch to BitComet, which I wasn't happy about, but now that you've implemented a similar feature with µTorrent, back to µTorrent I shall go!

BTW: there is no other torrent program that even comes close to µTorrent's greatness. :D

Nice thread because I was just stopping by to say "THANKS"!!!!!!!!!

I thought my ISP was blocking P2P and Torrent Traffic. I was just on the verge of changing when I tried out utorrent. Works great. I still need to test out my other clients to see if they are working now also but for now I'm just content with the one.

Nice Job. I just wish the Ratio reported correctly with Demonoid.com

For some reason utorrent is not a Client they have working with their tracker. Something like that, don't quote me.

Later

Archived