Hello I bought a new 1 TB External HD and I moved the downloads folder

AvalonWarrior

Hi Everyone

Like I said in my subject line yesterday I bought a 1 TB External HD and I hooked it up to my computer that has uTorrent running.

The reason I am making this post is because I changed my eMule folders and when I started it up I was like " OH NO !! " because all the files I was downloading seemed to have completely disappeared . I thought I was screwed. But I made a post on the eMule forums and they were like no problem man... just shut down eMule and move all the things in your old temp folder to your new temp folder. I am doing that right now. So my POINT is .... do I have to do anything funky with uTorrent because I moved the folders? Will everything just work out ok? Will my old downloads download into the old folders and if I start anything new. ( like today ) will the new ones go to the new folder? Is it as simple as that?

Please let me know

Aaron

If you changed the download folder under Ctrl-P > Directories all your new data will move there from now on. If you moved ALL your data, you might want to pick up Ultima's BFE. You can find it in my sig. When you get it, open your resume.dat (with uT closed) and search/replace the OLD PATH -> NEW PATH

Make sure to only change the relevant prefix to the dir, i.e. c:\Users\%USERNAME%\Downloads > d:\torrents\complete\downloads

The BFE thread also lists precautions and other uses, so check those out as well. And don't forget to backup resume.dat incase on-load uT barfs on the change, You can try again with the backup.

Take a screenshot of your Ctrl-P > Directories preferences and link it here. I'd recommend http://imageshack.us

After you upload click inside the FORUM(1) box, copy, paste into a response.

Download the tool I linked above. Start > Run > %APPDATA%\uTorrent . Copy resume.dat and possibly resume.dat.old.

Where are you currently saving your data? Where does your external mount as? (Check My Computer-- you need the drive letter)

hey dude

I just spend the WHOLE day copying he temp folder from my eMule to a new temp folder on my new 1 TB External and it took like 11 hours !!! OMG

I made the new directories in uTorrrrnt and I have started it up just now. Will all the things in cue right now go to the old folders or will it change to the new ones? I was going to open up a web browser and download a few torrents and then check the " active downloads " folder or the temp folder or whatever uTorrent call it but I AM SO TIRED !! I am going to order a pizza and then maybe stare at some anime art books or play Ninja Gadien or something!! I will get back to you tomorrow

THANKS for responding to my post

see you tomorrow tech dude !

Aaron aka PROTEUS

Hi jewelisheaven

Well It looks like because I changed the three folders for uTorrent the completed downloads that I started before I changed the folders are now going in ( or " staying " in ) the " Active Downloads " folder on the old drive I was using. I guess this is ok I am removing finished files now from there and burning them to DVDR. I can only hope and assume that if I start NEW torrents they will all be in the new folders on my new 1TB MyBook

Thanks for listening

Aaron

Sorry about that I missed your post. This will allow you to post again. ;)

Regarding the clarification, indeed. All torrents loaded after you changed the storage folders will auto- include those paths. 11 hours for under 1 TB.. sounds a bit slow, are you sure it's running in UDMA mode. You may want to double check the port to be sure it's running 2.0 speed (60 MiBps max throughput.

Archived