No connections - have to delete settings.dat

Paft

From time to time when I run Utorrent all my torrents will appear dead. (0) seeds (0) Peers.

I have to delete settings.dat (and old I think) to fix the issue.

Windows XP Pro

Utorrent 1.8.2 (build: 15285)

Um, yes, I set my settings then leave it at that.

Occasionally all torrents will appear completely dead. I deleted settings.dat, then select upload speed (through the very basic connection wizard) and wolla! the torrents are active again. Until next time it occurs.

I'd recommend http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34259 setup for your upload speed, not necessarily the speedtest value you get. Yes, searching for your ISP on here may shed light on the problem, or start testing http://slackware.com/torrents during different times of day to compare connectivity. An initial burst of connections followed by nothing is exactly what DWK is describing.

Thanks, I know what I am doing btw. I just don't understand why this happens. Completely dead torrents; a simple delete and It's "sorted".

ISP: Tiscali UK.

I'll see if I can look into this problem later then.

I know. I have been lucky it seems. Been with the since '05 (my how time flies) only with them because they are cheap. But they have been satisfactory for the price really overall. There was a point for several months a couple of years ago where p2p was blocked to hell. But again, has been satisfactory for me at least, all this time since that point.

I download at least just under 2gb a week. I can barely remember the last time I had issues. Speeds are satisfactory for my line, well download anyway. Upload is poor.

Funny you should mention that, because when this problem arose I immediately though "oh bugger tiscali has blocked p2p."

Wow, yeah sounds like you've been lucky. I'd just start asking around then, seeing whether other people in your area have seen a similar problems. You could always start toying with 1.8.3 / 1.9 and UDP-based UTP... though it may reach higher speeds it's less reliable atm. Are you running forced encryption with dis-allow legacy connections?

Archived