µTorrent doesn't ban bad peers

anonymous

When observing the progress of my torrents, I noticed that the progress bar on one of them would reset every few minutes. Suspecting a seed poisoner, I looked at the Logger tab:

hashfail.th.png

And yes, it's still going. I'm at more than 500 MB of hash failed pieces now. Doesn't µTorrent automatically ban peers after a certain number of hash fails? Does it do so by default? If not, how can I enable it?

Since µTorrent doesn't actually tell you which peer caused the hash fail (why? I don't get it.), I don't know if these are multiple computers, but I'm only connected to 2 peers: One who has had 10% of the torrent for two hours now (possible bandwidth leech) and one seeder who keeps sending a bit, then disconnects and reconnects.

Doesn't µTorrent automatically ban peers after a certain number of hash fails? Does it do so by default?

It does, and the fact that you're not banning the peers indicates that they sent you a large number of good pieces as well.

Since µTorrent doesn't actually tell you which peer caused the hash fail (why? I don't get it.)

Because it doesn't know exactly. Multiple peers can contribute to any number of pieces.

One thing before we go any further though. Do you have a D-Link router?

Archived