Columns for Bandwith Al., DHT and PEX

Dijkhuis

Hi all, thanx for this great little torrent client!

I'd like to see some extra optional columns in the main torrent window, showing the DHT and Peer exchange status of each torrent. Some Private trackers do not use the private flag, but do have these options banned. Now i have to rightclick every torrent from those trackers, to see what each' status is. It would be nice if there were 2 extra colums showing the status. For all users that do not want these colums, they could be hidden in the standard view.

And I'd also like to see an extra column showing the bandwith allocation (high/normal/low). that would make balancing the seeding of various torrents from different trackers much easier. It is currently neccesary to right-click every torrent to see the B.A. level.

Thanx!

Thank you for the advice how to handle DHT.

But could it be possible to add those extra columns to utorrent? A simple addition like that would make using utorrent more easy for me, but keeps the client simple and quick to learn. And if you hide those columns in standard view, only the people who look for them will notice.

I hope it won't take too much time to add this feature.

Hi all, thanx for this great little torrent client!

I'd like to see some extra optional columns in the main torrent window, showing the DHT and Peer exchange status of each torrent. !

About PEX/PHE - I think ludde mentioned that he is going to implement those in one of the next betas. BUT - you may have a poiint... he was thinking to add another column(s) in the peers-tab. your idea can improve on that , bu adding the # of totals peers that uses PEX, or PHE in the torrent level (not only per peer!) . I think this will be good.

I second this request, at least as far the "Bandwidth Allocation" column goes. I missed this in a faulty search and created a new topic here before catching my mistake:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=5506

This would be very handy as checking/changing each priority manually via the menu is time-consuming and doesn't give me visual feedback ("Oh, did I change that one already or not?").

• 2 weeks later...
If a private tracker doesn't put a private flag, then that's their problem. It shouldn't matter to YOU. You don't lose ratio, you don't lose anything at all, and there's absolutely no way for the tracker to detect it. Simple as that. :D

I don't get it. Isn't it the way, that if i get a peer to a private torrent through DHT, my uploads to him won't count into my overall ratio for the site? Also, if there are example 8 peers and 4 of them come through DHT, and my upload only goes to them (because of speed, or connection etc.), that way i actually do hurt my ratio, because i would have done my uploads to the peers at the tracker. So i think i did "waste" (from the site's community's point of view) part of my bandwidth. Besides, if i see that my ratio is like 1,5 for that torrent, and maybe a 1,1 part had gone to the peers i got through DHT, i'm a leecher from the site's point of view.

I hope it makes sense, what i try to say. I know a private site, who don't use private flag, and i always wanted to know what's the truth in case like this.

The source of the peers has no bearing on your ratio (after all, how would the client make a distinction between an incoming peer who got your IP through DHT and incoming peer who got your IP through the tracker? Or, that you got a peer through DHT, but is also present on the tracker), all clients report the total upload and download. It doesn't matter in the slightest where you got the peers or who you upload to (technically you could do a loopback to yourself and "cheat"), it always reports the total upload and download in that session.

If you upload 300MB in one session, then the client will report 300MB, period.

From the site's point of view, you uploaded 300MB, and that's the end of the story, regardless of if you uploaded it to yourself across the LAN, someone on DHT, or someone from the tracker.

Archived