Strange activity during uploading only.

Wroclawianin

My uTorrent 1.8.2 working fine beside one strange activity.

During uploading when all my downloads (at that time I'm not downloading anything) are not active, at the right bottom off the status bar where are uploads speed per sec, is showing as well download speed which is pretty low (between 1 to 2.5 kb/s) but which can build up to few hundreds Mb. in total in extended period of time. I have no idea what kind of data is downloading because in main windows of my uTorrent I can't see any downloading activity at all. It seems that uTorrent constantly downloading something without my permission. What can be wrong and what can be done to stop that? Please help, because this is very annoying and my quote limits are slowly but steadily consumed by useless downloads.

I've also been having trouble just recently, with upload and download exceeding the normal rates. When I either pause or limit the upload and download rates, there is always an excess of 2 or 3k download and between 5 and 10k upload, and when I leave utorrent running all day I can hear that it is using more of my laptop's resources than usual, and is overheating. I've been using utorrent for several years, but relatively recently I added on several rss feeds, I don't know if they could have an effect on the resources needed, or if it is something to do with the latest update of Utorrent (version 1.8.2)?

If anyone has any thoughts on the matter they would be much appreciated! Many thanks :)

Archived