getting totally frustrated...

Uende

Hi everyone! ^_^

I'm new on this forum and new to utorrent.

Up till now I have always used Azureus, but lately Azureus kept shutting down my computer, completely rebooting and I could not get it to work for me.

I read all the wonderful things about utorrent so I decided to download it and give it a try.

But I can't get it to work for me either!! >_<

My torrents start promising enough, but quickly drop to 0 within seconds.

I have tried everything I can think of, or at least what my amateur mind can comprehend; like lowering the max. number of connections to 80, the connected peers per torrent to 50, setting max download to 300 etc.

I even completely disabled my firewall to see if that was the problem.

My computer runs on Windows XP, sp2. I'm on cable.

I'm also a total nerd and do not know much about the technical side of torrents and settings and stuff. (sorry)

I've always dowloaded just fine, but these last few days it's been dismal and I'm pretty much ready to give up entirely!

Can anyone please help me? or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: while I was typing this suddenly I was downloading with almost 200kb/s but after a few seconds it dropped to 0 again in no time, to then suddenly start all over again at 150kb/s.

Is this normal?

Thank you for replying :)

Like I said; I'm a nerd and I don't know what that meant (sorry)

I just noticed I got the message disc overload 100%, so I did a search and found a few topics where people had the same problem. I tried setting diskio.write_queue.size to 1200 but still got the same problem, it's now on 2500 and I'm still getting the problem...>_<

Like I said; I'm a nerd and I don't know what that meant (sorry)

But nerds should know what ISP throttling means!! Just kidding xP

Some ISPs look for BitTorrent traffic and cripple it, since it uses a lot of their bandwidth, and is often associated with copyright infringement. That's what I mean when I say ISP throttling =]

But nerds should know what ISP throttling means!! Just kidding xP

Hah! you're right!

I guess I'm even worse then, I do not know anything about settings and a lot of what you guys are talking about so easily is totally abracadabra to me :D

Thanks for all the replies guys, this girl has her 4 peers torrent downloading now with 80kb/s and after two days of not being able to download anything, she can live with that ;)

Thanks!

*goes off to see if she can answer ironboyzz question now*

Archived