Lots of idle peers connected

mynickname

Hello,

I have problems with some torrents. Torrent with many seeds and leechers(like complete series of south park) and still bad dl speed. And in same time I can download torrent with good speed. So I don't understand is it bad torrents or my configuration? I have a lot of idle peers connected on that bad torrents, and that peers get normal dl speed(as you can see on the picture below). Is there some way to get rid of it?

I have such a pictures of peers and trackers list:

utorrentoxe.th.jpg

-

utorrenttrackers.th.jpg

BitTorrent doesn't guarantee a DL speed, it depends on your settings and especially swarm quality.

My uT client is set with conservative bandwidth settings and I downloaded the last episode of a famous serie (5000 seeds, 2400 peers) with an average speed of 83 kB/s while I have a max DL of 750 kB/s and my UL speed was fine.

Anyway read this thread:

Recommended uTorrent settings: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34259

You can try lowering per-torrent connection max.

You seem to have other torrent/s running and you're not uploading much at all on the torrent in question. Peers are often VERY reluctant to upload to someone that doesn't give them something first...and there's only a few seeds which are probably just slow.

Your ISP or transit ISPs are probably throttling BitTorrent traffic as well, which doesn't help matters. :(

Archived