UTorrent port error

ntrailz

Hi

I have followed the instructions on how to add a port to mt BT home hub and I have added it to my PC, then restarted my router.

The problem is that I get a red circle with a white exclamation mark at the bottom of uTorrent then when I click on the test connection the web page tells me the port is closed. I have deleted and re-added the port information a few times with no difference.

I am running

utorrent 1.8.2 build 15167

Vista

ISP is BT

Allthis is on a Sony laptop

Can anyone help please?

So the only device between you and your internet is the BT router? You don't have any other device. Are you sure you setup the rule to your computer's static IP outside the DHCP range?

According to this http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=10114261#post10114261 it sounds like the default range goes to 100. If you are able, follow what appears to be the correct steps to change it if you wish so that your IP you set on your computer, will be OUTSIDE (higher) than where it stops at.

The problem here is many routers do not allow forwarding to "stick" for IPs which fall within the DHCP range.

Hi, and thanks for the help

I have had a look at the current DHCP scope on the router and the last octet was from 70 - 253, so I have changed my address to .45, removed and added the port forwarding back in and it appears as green just now in utorrent and the port test comes up as successful.

:)

Archived